• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Search results

1. Astrakan

Maurice Sendak "Where The Wild Things Are" dead.

A pretty great Avengers tribute to Sendak: http://agarthanguide.deviantart.com/art/Avengers-on-Parade-RIP-Maurice-Sendak-300848572
  2. Astrakan

Game of Thrones

I hear there's cheapo knock-offs on eBay that work fine, so you could probably get one for significantly less if you're willing to wait on shipping from Hong Kong.
  3. Astrakan

The Worst Cover Art of 2012

Re: Those Spider-man covers... It might be because having them that simplistic is very thumbnail friendly. They're starting to go that route with e-books too:
  4. Astrakan

The Avengers

I haven't read Marvel in about... 20 years (Jesus, when you say it like that...) but wasn't Grey Hulk a version of Hulk with some brains? Not that I have a problem with this version, just thinking aloud really. How did hey handle Hulk in the comics about the Avengers?
  5. Astrakan

Ted

I was "meh" until the naming game. Brilliant. "Wait, was it one of those names with a 'lyn' after it?"
  6. Astrakan

Local flooding

I hope I don't offend anyone, but coming from a place with no major natural disasters to speak of, I've always wondered why people in the U.S. stay in areas where things like hurricanes, tornadoes, earthquakes and major floods can happen... why not move some place where there's nothing like...
  7. Astrakan

Is a 15 Mbps internet connection worth it?

Of course they do, they download faster to your computer that way.
  8. Astrakan

Snow White and The Huntsman

Well, that certainly seems more up my alley than the farcical Mirror Mirror. Not that I'll be seeing this in theaters or anything, but at least there's no "say hello to my little friend" jokes in there... o_O
  9. Astrakan

iPad HD

Bob, your sister may get her iPad tomorrow instead of Wednesday. I didn't get an e-mail letting me know the delivery date changed, but when I log on to Apple's website it now says Tuesday (as does the UPS tracking number) where a few days ago it said Wednesday.
  10. Astrakan

Official Roadtrip thread!

Roadtrips can be a lot of fun. I've done a few bigger ones: Sweden to Andorra, then northern Italy and back up to Sweden over the course of a month San Francisco to Boston, by way of New Orleans and Washington D.C. over the course of 3 weeks Zig-zagging around in Spain over the course of 2...
  11. Astrakan

iPad HD

When did she place the order? Orders placed in the morning had a delivery estimate of March 16th, but by the time noon rolled around it was the 21st.
  12. Astrakan

The iPhone/iPad App Thread

Apparently Myst is available for iOS. I never did play it the first time around, so I'm thinking I'll get it once my wife gets her iPad.
  13. Astrakan

The Lone Ranger

Double-you-tee-eff. Pass. Pass, pass, pass.
  14. Astrakan

War Horse

o_O
  15. Astrakan

Keystone Calamity

The Sun series of tabloids are relatively popular, but the Sun News TV station is a running joke among everyone I know. Never heard of that guy, either.
  16. Astrakan

My thoughts about Star Wars in 3D

:lol: The man's an asshat. Also, there's this (from the same interview): Really? After the fuck-up that was the nuked fridge, Tarzan swinging and the worst ending mankind has ever seen, Spielberg is just sitting back letting Lucas do his own thing?
  17. Astrakan

Alcatraz (JJ Abrams) Fox 1/16 8pm EST.

Ugh. I really wish they'd get over this. I'm so tired of the sultry baddass character, which rarely (never?) works. I'm not saying hire the most unattractive women you can find, but Sigourney Weaver, Linda Hamilton, Anne Parillaud, Michelle Rodriguez and even Angelina Jolie can all pull off the...
  18. Astrakan

The Amazing Spider-Man

Meh. Too shiny.
  19. Astrakan

The end of used games?

This is why you play a demo before buying...
  20. Astrakan

The end of used games?

The days of used games are numbered, no question. If not before, then when downloads are the primary or only delivery system for games. It's only a matter of time before that day is here, especially considering the incentive for game manufacturers to usher in that era sooner rather than later.