• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Search results

1. firestorm

Commercial DVDs: What condition are your DVDs in today?

I think pressed optical media has a life span of at least 50 years. As long as the reflective medium doesn't oxidize, it should remain readable, and oxidation shouldn't occur unless the pressing is poor or contaminated.
  2. firestorm

A few additions to the farm

Haha, awww, that's just because you're not used to seeing where your food comes from. I grew up with chickens, turkeys, rabbits, etc... all for eating. And yeah, they were hella cute, but yummy as well. I'm still waiting for Abby to turn into a vegetarian, but at least for chickens, I tell...
  3. firestorm

Question about streaming

At my new place, in the "co-op", all my stuff is wireless, but I have a piss ant 27" Vizio for a TV. At the other place, I ran wire to everything except the master bedroom, but I've found that it doesn't appear to make any different on Netflix and 1080p. There's only one 4K display, and that's...
  4. firestorm

To 4k or not?

Oh FFS! I kind of want to watch the Mandelorian too, but this is the kind of BS I hate. I know Walmart is guilty of the same sort of thing. Ugh!
  5. firestorm

Greetings, Salutations, and Happy New Year!!!

Me drinking! *cheers*
  6. firestorm

Greetings, Salutations, and Happy New Year!!!

I need to hear more about this HTL murder scandal thing. Welcome back tomkat! I still linger around from time to time.
  7. firestorm

Happy Thanksgiving you Turkeys!

I did nothing but binge Netflix. Friday, we had Chinese food with my family. Not a bad thanksgiving.
  8. firestorm

Upgrade equipment time? Will Wirehed buy a JVC RS1000?

Aww, I miss buying stuff. I'm stuck with a 27" Vizio at the moment. Sounds awesome though!
  9. firestorm

Boulet Brothers Dragula

Season 2 and 3 are on Netflix. 1-3 are on Amazon, but not included with Prime. It’s like Ru Paul’s Drag Race, but so much better. They’re essentially drag monsters. I’m not into filth, so some of it can be quite gross, but still a lot of fun. They’re challenged to do floor shows. They’re...
  10. firestorm

Is this thing on?

My head has been spinning lately, but I still check in basically daily. Occasionally I start writing a post, and it'll sit all day, then boom.... time to go home. And once I get home, I'm only on my phone and rarely my laptop. I've definitely been a bit preoccupied with life though.
  11. firestorm

Streaming What are you watching? (Streamed Content)

I got kind of tired of ZNation and stopped watching. It got pretty ridiculous. I’m well into season 2 of American Horror Story now, and I don’t have much to say, except that I’m loving it. Amazing show. There’s been a couple nightmare-ish moments for me, such has make anatomy getting bitten...
  12. firestorm

Goodbye Dad

Damn, so sorry for your loss. :(
  13. firestorm

Car Show Weekend

That's my favorite body style for the Chevelle and GTO. Love the 66' and '67 years.
  14. firestorm

New House and Shop

Sweet! That’s gotta be exciting!
  15. firestorm

Car Club Cruise

From going to Cars and Coffee locally, I find a huge variety of car enthusiasts out there. Always knew they were out there, but it is different to see them face to face. And it is amazing. There are hardcore, wrenching car guys; very hands on. There is a wide range of discretionary budgets in...
  16. firestorm

Time to upgrade my Gaming PC

I still find this stuff interesting, but it is so far in my past now. I’m so burned out on computers. I spec servers these days, and that’s it. It is amazing what PCs can do these days though. All I did was put an SSD in my old i7 machine, and boy does it boot fast now. :P I do have 10 screens...
  17. firestorm

Anyone giving up on their HT?

Dammit, I'll have to add that to my list. I've seen previews, but I haven't been seeking another show to watch lately.
  18. firestorm

I started watching "Z Nation" this weekend. It has been.... interesting. Not all bad, but it does feel very low budget. It's like the producers and crews came from Disney B movies and Disney kid shows. That's the feeling I get. There are small oversights that bug the hell out of me. It...
  19. firestorm

Oh... I finally watched Zombieland last night. Amazing. Such great fun. It pulled me out of a bad mood and put a smile on my face.
  20. firestorm

I recently binged through The Haunting of Hill House, and thoroughly enjoyed. The, I don’t know, atmosphere I suppose, changes from one episode to the next, something like on Lost. Some are sad, some are happy and sad, a few were spooky and intense. I loved it.