• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Amazon Tap is on sale today for $99.

Iguana Man

I just purchased the Tap today after researching different "portable" speakers. The fact it was on sale was the main reason I jumped on it. Would have loved to get the Sonos 1 because of the superior sound quality but Sonos isn't truly portable. I'm actually surprised at the lack of competition when it comes to my criteria, but maybe that's a reflection more on me. :shrug:

Battery powered
Wi-Fi
Pandora
Better sound than my iPad :)

Doesn't seem like a hard list to accommodate but the Tap was pretty much my only option.

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Tap-P...TF8&qid=1528578024&sr=8-1&keywords=B01BH83OOM

Last edited by a moderator:

Wirehed

NSFW Administrator
Administrator
Interestingly enough you'd probably like what I'm building out. It will be a while before I'm done, but I've so far built a Raspberry Pi with an 8" touch screen and a decent DAC into an ammo box. It's all battery powered. I haven't built the speakers into it yet, and I've not decided on what amp I want to use. Mostly because I'm really doing two different projects with the same bits for different reasons and I can't decide what to work on next. :)

right not it's essentially acting like it's own Squeezebox server.