1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

And The Winner Is . . .

Discussion in 'Home Theater Loft's Golden Globe Spectacular!' started by Pirate, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Pirate

Pirate Administrator Administrator

The winner, with a total of 14 correct answers (out of 17), is . . . Astrakan!

Here is a breakdown of the correct answers submitted:

[​IMG]

Congratulations to Astrakan and thanks to everyone who participated! :beerchug:

2. Astrakan

Astrakan Well-Known Member

Squeee!

3. Pirate

Pirate Administrator Administrator

Remember, you get TWO discs since a staff member didn't win. :)

PM Home Theater Loft to collect your prizes.

4. Taxi

Taxi Administrator Administrator

When I first put together this spreadsheet, I thought that I had won!

But the guys told me there was a small issue with my scoring system...

Attached Files:

5. Mac

Mac New Member

Congrats Astrakan :beerchug:

That was fun, despite not having a %$#@ clue to what I was voting for.

6. Iguana Man

Iguana Man Well-Known Member Moderator

Nice going Astrakan. 14/17 is pretty lucky, er .. impressive!

I had 5. Fuck you.

:beerchug:

7. dugpa

dugpa Official Iggy Video Reviewer

Congrats Astrakan! :beerchug:

Now I have yet another reason I can hate Glee.

8. Vonner

Vonner Well-Known Member

Nice going Astrakan. I should have known as much since you're kicking butt in the FlixPix, too.

9. esc333

esc333 New Member

I'm watching the show now. Is is just me or were there some really pissed off people in the audience? No one looked happy that Toy Story won, Helena Bonham Carter looked like she would rather be anywhere else when she lost Best Actress, and Michelle Pfeiffer looked pretty uninterested when she was on camera or on stage.

Is it customary to not care about anything but your category at the Golden Globs? It could have just been a long ass day for all of them too.

Congratz Astrakan. How did you do it? I played the safe bets on most of them. There being a few shows I had never heard of didnt help.

10. Astrakan

For the movies I just went with what I thought had the best shot based on my gut. Not really following the TV industry that closely I didn't really have any gut feeling about any of them, so I tried my best at being an armchair analyst.

I figured both Jim Parsons and Glee were locks, based on how much praise and attention they'd both received over the year. And Boardwalk Empire seemed like it'd be up the Golden Globe's alley, so I went with that for the categories it was nominated in. Laura Linney was literally an eenie, meenie, miney, mo pick.

For those that are curious, I picked the past two year's Golden Globe winners as my prizes: Avatar and The Social Network.

Thanks for putting on these contests guys! :beerchug:

11. dugpa

dugpa Official Iggy Video Reviewer

No one really takes the foreign press seriously. The Globes are really just an excuse to have a party and get drunk. Plus you have TV and movie people mixing, and though in recent years it's broken down a bit, you still have the stigma amongst certain movie folk that TV is the low rent idiot box they don't want to associate with. Also consider the fact that unlike other awards shows where the awards are selected by one's peers and thus have a bit more meaning, these are just selected by some foreign journalists based on who they think it'd be cool to hang out with. No one there probably thought The Tourist was one of the best films of the year. They just wanted to be seen with Depp and Jolie.

12. RenoJim

RenoJim New Member

Congrats 14 out of 17 nice.:bow:

I did not come in last my first contest yea.

13. Wilson

Wilson Member

I can't believe my random guesses didn't win! :insec:

14. Iguana Man

Iguana Man Well-Known Member Moderator

Me too. I figured I was good for more than what I got right. :(

15. EM3

EM3 Well-Known Member

Woo hoo Congrats!

16. Astrakan

The movies arrived today. Thanks again! :beerchug: