• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

And The Winner Is . . .

Pirate

Administrator
Administrator
The winner, with a total of 14 correct answers (out of 17), is . . . Astrakan!

Here is a breakdown of the correct answers submitted:

Congratulations to Astrakan and thanks to everyone who participated! :beerchug:

esc333

I'm watching the show now. Is is just me or were there some really pissed off people in the audience? No one looked happy that Toy Story won, Helena Bonham Carter looked like she would rather be anywhere else when she lost Best Actress, and Michelle Pfeiffer looked pretty uninterested when she was on camera or on stage.

Is it customary to not care about anything but your category at the Golden Globs? It could have just been a long ass day for all of them too.

Congratz Astrakan. How did you do it? I played the safe bets on most of them. There being a few shows I had never heard of didnt help.

Astrakan

Congratz Astrakan. How did you do it? I played the safe bets on most of them.
For the movies I just went with what I thought had the best shot based on my gut. Not really following the TV industry that closely I didn't really have any gut feeling about any of them, so I tried my best at being an armchair analyst.

I figured both Jim Parsons and Glee were locks, based on how much praise and attention they'd both received over the year. And Boardwalk Empire seemed like it'd be up the Golden Globe's alley, so I went with that for the categories it was nominated in. Laura Linney was literally an eenie, meenie, miney, mo pick.

For those that are curious, I picked the past two year's Golden Globe winners as my prizes: Avatar and The Social Network.

Thanks for putting on these contests guys! :beerchug:

dugpa

Official Iggy Video Reviewer
Is it customary to not care about anything but your category at the Golden Globs? It could have just been a long ass day for all of them too.
No one really takes the foreign press seriously. The Globes are really just an excuse to have a party and get drunk. Plus you have TV and movie people mixing, and though in recent years it's broken down a bit, you still have the stigma amongst certain movie folk that TV is the low rent idiot box they don't want to associate with. Also consider the fact that unlike other awards shows where the awards are selected by one's peers and thus have a bit more meaning, these are just selected by some foreign journalists based on who they think it'd be cool to hang out with. No one there probably thought The Tourist was one of the best films of the year. They just wanted to be seen with Depp and Jolie.