• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Covers of songs

tomdkat

So, who do you think did or does the best cover of another song? I think Metallica did 'Turn the Page' by Bob Seger justice. On a side note, I showed my mom this video not really knowing anything about it. lol

Then, there's the ever popular "Sound of Silence" cover by Disturbed. I tend to be a 'critic' and think if they ended this with the singer singing the last "Sound of Silence" *without* any music (just let the "silence" be), that would have turned the emotion up to 11. :) Still, it would be amazing to experience a performance of this in person, full symphony orchestra and all.

Another great one, a personal favorite of mine, is "LonLon" by Angelique Kidjo. It's a cover of Ravel's "Bolero" and it's done quite well. If you haven't experienced a live performance of "Bolero", be sure to do so. I've known the melody for years but never heard the entire piece. It's quite amazing.

Lastly, there's "Dancing in the Street" by Van Halen. What I like about this is the "mighty" Van Halen covered a song performed by a group of black women. :)

What covers do you like?

Peace...

Wirehed

NSFW Administrator
Administrator
Oh, why have I never heard that Disturbed Sound of Silence cover before? That was great!
I mean, maybe even better than when the Dickies did it>

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Couple of my favs already mentioned. Here are a few more

Just got to hearing these covers over the radio this past week or so, and I like

More to come when I remember them

tomdkat

Oh, why have I never heard that Disturbed Sound of Silence cover before? That was great!
I mean, maybe even better than when the Dickies did it>
Well, that certainly gives the song a different feel. :) For some reason that brings to mind the song "Love is a Fist" by Mr. Bungle. lol

Peace...

raptors661

Northdakotian Peckerwood
Deftones' covers are always great, but this one is my favorite.
Ryan Adams covered Taylor Swift's entire 1989 album and it's delightful. This one is my favorite from the album
This version of the Halloween theme by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross should absolutely be in the new movie in some form