• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Important Emails from the Forum: You probably aren't getting them

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Hey everybody.

I just wanted to let you all know that if you rely on emails from the forum to keep track of when threads have new posts in them, you're probably not getting those emails. Sometime this year, some how we managed to get on some spam black lists.

I'm not exactly sure what I can do to fix this situation, so I can't say when, or if, it will be resolved, but I am looking into it.

That is all. :)

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Is anybody getting emails from the forum? I'm getting a ton of bounce back notifications, so I'm assuming that nobody is getting emails (like a notification that a thread that you're following has a new post in it) but at the same time people are still requesting these emails, which seems odd to me. (Why would you keep requesting emails that you're not getting in the first place.)

Weirdly, gmail is one of the email providers that bounces back the notification emails, but yet it has no problem sending ME emails to my gmail account letting me know that the gmail mails are bouncing. :shrug:

firestorm

I haven’t noticed any emails, but I haven’t been looking for them either.

I did a blacklist check on mxtoolbox.com for hometheaterloft.com, and it doesn’t show up on any lists there.

Do the emails you receive via gmail come from the same IP and from the same email address?

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
The emails come from the forum software when it gets a rejection notice from some other email provide.

From Gmail, the messages are typically rejected because the message does not meet IPv6 sending guidelines regarding PTR records and authentication. Comcast rejects because of reverse DNS issue. There are other rejection reasons, but I think I've deleted some of the older rejection emails, and I don't remember what they are off the top of my head.