• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Female musicians

tomdkat

So, who are your favorite female musicians? My mom and I have been watching cover videos on YouTube and during this exercise, I made the acquaintance of Anna Sentina, a bassist with some skill. Here's one of my favorite videos of her:

That's right, she's covering Les Claypool of Primus covering Master of Puppets by Metallica. :)

So, which female musicians do you like? I got to see Sheila E. play with Pete Escovedo and other members of her family, a few moon ago. That was a cool show. :)

Peace...

Wirehed

NSFW Administrator
Administrator
Favorite...hmmm. That's hard to say of course. It would be a top 500 sort of thing.

But I still maintain that Tori Amos "Boys For Pele" is one of the greatest albums of all time.
Patti Smith is in my top 10.
I'm totally into The Screaming Females right now.
Kathleen Hanna is my first love. Bikini Kill introduced me to female fronted punk rock and I've been into it ever since. Check out the documentary film The Punk Singer about her life, it's really good.

raptors661

Northdakotian Peckerwood
I've been on a pretty big Mazzy Star kick, so Hope Sandoval comes to mind first. Dolores O'Riordan was a favorite of mine growing up, so her death hit me pretty hard. Neko Case, Alanis Morrisette, and Norah Jones also make the list.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
My big one right now is Florence + The Machine, and it looks like she has another album coming out soon. Not always the lead but I also like Of Monsters and Men