• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

First Dance with Mary Jane

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Gotta love living in Canada as we will have legal marijuana to sell and grow come October 17th. We will only be allowed to grow 4 plants but I’m bad at counting and now have 7 strains on the go :) You can follow my progress with my account at GrowDiaries.com.

So do you guys partake in the refer? I’m looking at you Taxi and Pirate with it being legal there for some time now. I only use it really as a sleep/pain aid with the occasional movie viewing here and there with my buddy too. Plus if you do partake, what is your strain(s) of choice

Attachments

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Nope. I smoked a little weed in High School, but it really didn't impress me that much, and I haven't done since then.

Pirate has tried some of the CBD stuff, but I don't think it's helped him that much.

Iguana Man

Your LED is 4" away from the seedlings? That seems a bit close even for an LED. While they don't put out that much heat, you can still burn your plants so I'd be careful. You could also bump your timer to 18 hrs for light during veg. Overwatering is common for new growers. Make sure your water and nutes are checked for ph levels and corrected if need be prior to watering. Nice strains. That's all I'm going to say in a public forum. Good luck! :)

EM3

Gotta love living in Canada as we will have legal marijuana to sell and grow come October 17th. We will only be allowed to grow 4 plants but I’m bad at counting and now have 7 strains on the go :) You can follow my progress with my account at GrowDiaries.com.

So do you guys partake in the refer? I’m looking at you Taxi and Pirate with it being legal there for some time now. I only use it really as a sleep/pain aid with the occasional movie viewing here and there with my buddy too. Plus if you do partake, what is your strain(s) of choice
Ahhh how cute...sure wish it was legal here...sigh

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Your LED is 4" away from the seedlings? That seems a bit close even for an LED. While they don't put out that much heat, you can still burn your plants so I'd be careful. You could also bump your timer to 18 hrs for light during veg. Overwatering is common for new growers. Make sure your water and nutes are checked for ph levels and corrected if need be prior to watering. Nice strains. That's all I'm going to say in a public forum. Good luck! :)
That was from my sisters Florescent grow setup she has for her vegetables. Used it to germinate my seeds and were there for the first week and half, but placed under a led blue light after it was suggested to me. They are no longer there and currently have everyone outside. Going to save whatever amount of money I can before I have everything running in the tent. In the grow tent I will for sure be keeping them about 24-36” from the tops. They are on a an 18hr cycle and that is a mistake I need to fix on the site (good eye there)

brian

CBD stuff has helped my anxiety.

I don't smoke. I have, but never really took to it. I'm glad its legal though for you.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
CBD stuff has helped my anxiety.

I don't smoke. I have, but never really took to it. I'm glad its legal though for you.
I’m looking forward to making my own CBD oil. Sister bought an oil/butter infuser that will make it in 45 minutes. Be handy for me and especially for my mom who will probably need knee surgery to straighten out leg and ease her hip pain. I don’t smoke but use a convection vaporizer (Arizer Solo II) and is simple and easy to use. It still produces a good cough as I have my temp set to the highest on the device can go at 428F. Would recommend if you don’t like the idea of smoking a joint.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Amazing what 3 weeks can do. Since I started this thread, my cousin and her husband came back from seeing his family in the Ottawa area and came back with a nice surprise. His friend up there is growing stuff himself and sent him back with a clone of a strain called Cinderella 99. Last week I had a vacation week off and got my grow tent up and running. Plus I had a nice vape and munchie session with my cousin and husband with a sample of C99 they were also given. Watched Final Destination 5 3D and was ok but watched Fantasia 2000 and it was amazing! The colours and music really worked nicely under the influence. Plus the clone went from looking half near dead to a lively bushy plant. So just a few pics of the new setup and before and after receiving the clone of Cinderella 99.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Nice...do you call it a hobby with benefits?...with all the crap I have been through I wish it was legal here
You know, I guess so. I do love going downstairs and checking them out and sometimes being in awe at how much they grew from the day before. I have never been much of a “gardener” but it is a nice calming moment from a day of hard work. I’m happy in the fact that it brings pain relief for my mom to sleep at night and for myself. Really hoping as a first timer I don’t fuck up anything too badly to enjoy the fruits of my labor. Would love some for vaping, cbd oils, bake goods, and share with friends/family.

Will update this thread every now then to show how things are progressing

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Well it has been a while and thought I would update. My clone plant I received was thriving and then about a week or 2 ago I notice white and brown spots on the leaves. Turns out it was infested by spider mites and almost lost the plant and potentially (had I not spotted it) all my other plants. So I had to hack and trim the hell out of her, but happy to say she is one resilient plant. So the pics provided are of that clone from about 2 weeks ago when it was in her prime, then about 4 days later when I spotted the problem, 2 days after I removed the bad leaves and branches, to what she looks like as of today along with the gang. Doing one more week of a vegetative grow light cycle (18/6) and will finally switch to its flowering light cycle (12/12) on Oct 8th. Which will hopefully mean they will be harvested and ready for enjoying by Xmas

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Looks good. How tall will they get before you harvest? I know outdoors they can 10 to 12 feet tall.
I have done some Low Stress Training and topping of the plants. So that way they will grow bushier than tall wise in the tent. They are about 12-17 inches tall and from what I have been reading is that they will double that in their flowering stage. Since they do all their growing in the dark period and that will be extended with the extra 4 hours of sleep they will be getting. I will have roughly 6+ feet of height with lights and exhaust in there to work with.

Plus in a few days since that picture was taken. They kinda exploded again

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Another quick picture update. Started its flower cycle on Monday and WOWZERS!!! They kind of exploded in the 3 days and all are about 18” with 3 of them at about 21” Plus they are really started to smell strong and thank god I have a carbon filter for that

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
So, seeing all of that weed brought to mind a few questions:

How much "usable" product will that produce? (i.e. how long could you get high on what you've grown? A week? A month? A year?)
Do you harvest it all at once, or do the plants become mature at different times?
What do you with the plants after you harvest them? Do they keep producing, or are they destroyed and you have to re-plant new seeds?
Do you get usable seeds from the plants you grow, or do you have to buy/obtain new seeds?
It might be too early to say, but do you think that growing your own is worth it compared to just buying? (I'm assuming you can legally buy weed in Canada like you can here in Oregon.)

I guess that's all for now. :)

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
So, seeing all of that weed brought to mind a few questions:

How much "usable" product will that produce? (i.e. how long could you get high on what you've grown? A week? A month? A year?)
Do you harvest it all at once, or do the plants become mature at different times?
What do you with the plants after you harvest them? Do they keep producing, or are they destroyed and you have to re-plant new seeds?
Do you get usable seeds from the plants you grow, or do you have to buy/obtain new seeds?
It might be too early to say, but do you think that growing your own is worth it compared to just buying? (I'm assuming you can legally buy weed in Canada like you can here in Oregon.)

I guess that's all for now. :)
Except for my Girl Scout Cookie strain. I think each plant can produce up to 6-8 ounces of dried goods. Probably 3-4 times that weight when weight and harvested. Would probably be enough for me and the family for the year, but might be selling some on the sides (already planning my next potential grow) They will probably have different harvesting times but from what I read, they are all between a 7-9 week window from that switch over (or could be longer if you want them to add more CBD element to the strain) if you harvest the entire plant, then it’s done. Although if I were to leave a stem with flowers on it, I can supposedly reset the plant into a vegetative state by switching the light cycle back to my 18/6. Seeds might occur in the buds but you really need a male plant to get them to produce them. So I tend to buy them from online sites and only feminized seeds because they make the weed. One male plant in my tent of all female plants would actually ruin my harvest and would weaken the effect the strain would normally produce. Although some of the illegal shops up in a nearby town have seeds in the buds and can grow those. Thing is that it might be a different strain altogether now because you don’t know what the other plants strain was. So with that the illegal stuff has been hit or miss effect wise for me and my family. Some work great and other do little to nothing at all. When it becomes legal on Wednesday, we Ontarians only one site we can purchase from because a new provincial government was elected and will allow private retailers to sell weed, but not until April 1st 2019. So I’m hoping my shit is good and will be worth the months of hard work. Will let you know hopefully come late December

So in the tent are 8 different strains, and my moms lime bush. I guess I haven’t said what strains they are yet. Top Left to right Black Domina, Gorilla Bomb and Cookie Monster, Middle I have Cinderella 99 and Granddaddy Purple. Bottom section is Sensi Star CBD, Purple Bud, and Girl Scout Cookies.