• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

First Dance with Mary Jane

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Heh, actually a lime bush? lol. That's excellent. :)
Yeah, sister bought it for my mom last year and has yet to taste a lime. She had it outside for the summer and still never got to try a lime. We had some ready here and there, but she always waited one day too long. Go to try them the next day and squirrels (or other creature) beat her to it and partially eat it. Usually found on the grass a few feet away with little chunks missing from them. Have a few limes on it now, but a bit away from trying

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
HAPPY LEGALIZATION DAY CANADA

The day has finally arrived and I don’t think things will change much from where we were before today. Anyways I have made a few purchases for the tent. I bought a Dehumidifier for the late stage in my flowering cycle to keep my buds from developing any mold issues. Then I spent over a grand on a new light setup. Yeah I know “for fucking lights” These lights I’m getting have a more natural sun light spectrum which will allow the plants to absorb it for photosynthesis. The light is call a HLG 600H Quantum Boards and growers have seen their grow produce sometimes double the amount of bud from their other light setup. My 2 600W lights have been great up until now but it doesn’t cover my entire grow as I have been rotating the pots to give them all equal exposure to produce my buds. Still I loved what they have done for my grow but in 2 weeks, I take it to another level. So I shall post a new group pic of my grow, as my Cookie Monster plant has now reached almost 29 inches and dwarfs my moms lime bush. I might be removing it soon just to give them room to grow

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
I guess I will keep this a weekly update kind of thing. Still waiting on my new light to get here, but I’m pretty sure it’s on the way now. I also had to change up the tent a bit because I was running out of room with everyone getting bigger. So gone is my mom’s lime bush and now hanging from the right side of my tent is my giant oscillating fan. Also got my screen up to help the bigger branches stay up and create my sea of green effect. Everyone is getting big, bushy and a lovely looking bud structure. So hopefully next week I will update with my new light hanging in the tent along with even more buds showing

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Well another week, another update. Sadly still nothing on my new lights :( Just emailed the company to see if they have an update for me. On the other hand, everyone is looking/producing nicely. The star pupil is Cookie Monster with that giant cola you see in the back middle of the tent. Have 2 close up shots to share with the first being regular iPad photo and 2nd with a 30x jewelry magnifier in front of camera. Looking Frosty and yummy to and should be ready to harvest by the end of the month or first week of December. Also started adding Black Strap Molasses (Sulpher Free) to my nutrients to add weight and flavour to the buds. Then I made another order for seeds and will hopefully be here by the time I harvest these gals to start my next grow.

Iguana Man

I'd wouldn't be surprised if it goes into mid-december before harvest. You're going to want a decent amount of amber trichomes for any sativa dominant plant to get the benefits of cbd.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
I'd wouldn't be surprised if it goes into mid-december before harvest. You're going to want a decent amount of amber trichomes for any sativa dominant plant to get the benefits of cbd.
Thankfully they are all Indica dominant plants, but yeah they might go longer. Already say a few amber hairs on the Sensi Star CBD plant buds (bottom left plant) plus I’m hoping when my new lights get here that they will maybe speed things up a bit from their intensity

Iguana Man

Thankfully they are all Indica dominant plants, but yeah they might go longer. Already say a few amber hairs on the Sensi Star CBD plant buds (bottom left plant) plus I’m hoping when my new lights get here that they will maybe speed things up a bit from their intensity
The pistil hairs (stigmas) aren't what I'm referring too but yes, they do turn orange/amber during flowering. I'm guessing you still know what I was getting at but just in case, when I say trichomes, I'm talking about using that loupe to inspect those little mushroom shaped, resin filled growths. They start clear, slowly turn milky and then become amber during the final stages.

Screen Shot 2018-11-02 at 1.40.09 PM.jpg

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Yeah I get where you were going, I just got the 2 confusedo_O

I do have happy news in that my new lights are finally built and on their way here. Sadly they are coming from Austin, Texas and don’t have a date for which they will arrive on. Hoping customs doesn’t hold them up at the boarder for long or at all, and be in the tent early next week

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
I guess update time again. So as I mentioned last week I was expecting my new lights to be delivered and they were. They are hefty and bright as hell. For the first day I was just in awe about their brightness. . . and then I found out they were only at half power. Don’t attempt looking evenly slightly at them cause they are that bright. The only downside is that they do warm the tent up a lot (75F to 86F) Thankfully the basement they are located in is near a window and can allow that cool fall air into the tent to even things out a bit. Plus my Dehumidifier is working great and keeping things between 30-40%RH Which is great for the flowering stage but I can get it up a little higher in these earlier weeks of flowering. So with that being said, here’s the eye candy

GROUP

BLACK DOMINA BUDS

GORILLA BOMB

COOKIE MONSTER

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
I’m a little late on an update. Everyone minus my Cinderella 99 are looking real good, with some nice cola growth on everyone else. So I’m currently Day 45 into flowering and am getting closer to the end/harvest. Apparently in these last weeks I could see them fatten up another 40-60% and let’s all cross our fingers and hope that happens

Sensi Star CBD

Granddaddy Purple

Girl Scout Cookies

Gorilla Bomb

Cookie Monster

Black Domina

Group Phot

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
So another update and a sort of sad update. I have mites in my tent again and it seems like they are thanks to my Cinderella 99 clone I received. The guy who gave my cousin the plant had a mite infestation with his grow and they were sadly on the clone too. Seems they are harder to get rid of when they come from clones and are referred to as Borgs because of the difficulty to rid them. So I did the said thing and got rid of the plant. I maybe got a few grams off it in the process of throwing out, how well it will smoke is another story. Still seeing a few mites on a few plants but I am “this close” to harvesting. My Gorilla Bomb and Girl Scout Cookies have a couple weeks more but the others are pretty much there. Will need to do a big cleaning of my tent before I start my next grow as I don’t want to see this happen little shits ever again. So with that, I give you pictures

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Ok my latest update. This past Thursday I harvested my Black Domina plant and got roughly 343g off of it. I placed it in my tent for drying and jarred it up today and ended with roughly 96g of dried flower for enjoying. Also harvested some of my Sensi Star, Cookie Monster, Granddaddy Purple and Purple Bud on Thursday. Some near the bottom weren’t ready and threw in the tent and harvest the rest of my Cookie Monster(285g) today, along with my Gorilla Bomb(275g) strain. Should be able to finish them all off at the end of this week hopefully.

Granddaddy Purple

COOKIE MONSTER 90g Cola

Black Domina

Today’s Jarred Goodies

EM3

just based on what you said if my math is right and it probably isnt that means after drying with the current weights you provided after drying you should have 9 ounces give or take not counting the rest of the yield. I didn't realize what the yield was and after drying it looks like you get a 72 percent decrease in weight from harvest to dried. Thats interesting