• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Greetings, Salutations, and Happy New Year!!!

tomdkat

How-dee!!!! Many thanks to Taxi for helping me get my password reset. I guess Comcast's mail servers are bad enough, it's getting harder to get email delivered. *sigh*

Anyway, I wanted to post here and wish everyone a Happy New Year!!!! In August 2019, I left Fremont Bank and now work for ServiceChannel (an online facilities management platform). I'm still working far too much and hardly have any time for myself, but I'm trying to change that.

Anyway, over the next few weeks, I hope to get caught up on what's going on with everyone. :)

Peace...

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Welcome back Tom!

I think the issue with the mail is that this server isn't encrypted, and some email servers, like Comcast and Yahoo, don't like that. I keep meaning to get a certificate for this server, but I never seem to find the time to do it. :)

Wirehed

NSFW Administrator
Administrator
How do we know it's really Tom?! This could be an imposter, a FoaxTom!
What if Taxi is in on it?
OMG, and Pirate never posts since moving in with Taxi!
Actually a lot of people don't come by anymore!
What if Taxi is a cereal killer preying on hometheater enthusiasts!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

tomdkat

Welcome back Tom!

I think the issue with the mail is that this server isn't encrypted, and some email servers, like Comcast and Yahoo, don't like that. I keep meaning to get a certificate for this server, but I never seem to find the time to do it. :)
So, is the mail bouncing as spam or something? Half the time, I can't connect to Comcast's POP mail server so I'm convinced their mail servers suck monkey ass.

Peace...

tomdkat

Well, Taxi did help me reset my password....so there's that. :) I tried calling you and left a voicemail message. I figured I either had the wrong number or you were pissed off at me because I haven't posted in a while. :)

Peace...

EM3

OMG, and Pirate never posts since moving in with Taxi!
Actually a lot of people don't come by anymore!
What if Taxi is a cereal killer preying on hometheater enthusiasts!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
Murder Hole?!

EM3

How-dee!!!! Many thanks to Taxi for helping me get my password reset. I guess Comcast's mail servers are bad enough, it's getting harder to get email delivered. *sigh*

Anyway, I wanted to post here and wish everyone a Happy New Year!!!! In August 2019, I left Fremont Bank and now work for ServiceChannel (an online facilities management platform). I'm still working far too much and hardly have any time for myself, but I'm trying to change that.

Anyway, over the next few weeks, I hope to get caught up on what's going on with everyone. :)

Peace...
Dude take time for yourself. If there is anything I have learned over these last 3 shitty years is that people need to take time for themselves and take care of themselves mentally and physically.

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
So, is the mail bouncing as spam or something?
Not exactly. There is some standard that Comcast adheres to (and I'm sure other mail servers do too) and HTL mail server doesn't conform to those standards (And I think encryption is part of that) so when the mail goes to Comcast they just reject it.

I should probably spend a little time and try to fix it. I know there is a site where you can get free legit certificates for encryption, but I'm worried that if I try to make it happen, I'll break the forum and all the other things that live on this server. But I probably should try to do it anyway, since I do have some free time... :insec:

Wirehed

NSFW Administrator
Administrator
Well, Taxi did help me reset my password....so there's that. :) I tried calling you and left a voicemail message. I figured I either had the wrong number or you were pissed off at me because I haven't posted in a while. :)

Peace...
Wait...whaaa? You called me?! I don't think I got it. :( argh.

EM3

Dudes, I've been unemployed for the past year... I have to find SOMETHING to do with my time!
Take up drinking...it's fun and you get to meet all sorts of interesting people like Jeff the yeller and creepy Sid and true new and exciting liquor like Mad Dog, Old Crow maybe Old Grandad. Hell if you do it right I am told your ass will even get sure.....Think of it as college with less sodomy

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Take up drinking...it's fun and you get to meet all sorts of interesting people like Jeff the yeller and creepy Sid and true new and exciting liquor like Mad Dog, Old Crow maybe Old Grandad. Hell if you do it right I am told your ass will even get sure.....Think of it as college with less sodomy
:lol::lol::lol:

tomdkat

Wait...whaaa? You called me?! I don't think I got it. :( argh.
Yeah, I left a message. :) If you didn't get a voicemail message from me, I had the wrong number. lol

Not exactly. There is some standard that Comcast adheres to (and I'm sure other mail servers do too) and HTL mail server doesn't conform to those standards (And I think encryption is part of that) so when the mail goes to Comcast they just reject it.

I should probably spend a little time and try to fix it. I know there is a site where you can get free legit certificates for encryption, but I'm worried that if I try to make it happen, I'll break the forum and all the other things that live on this server. But I probably should try to do it anyway, since I do have some free time... :insec:
Well, let me know if I can help. I've been dealing with DMARC, DKIM, and SPF DNS records a bit lately. Also, "Let's Encrypt" certs are free and should be pretty easy to install. If the forum software is running in shared hosting space (vs being on a dedicated box, like we did with DVD File (oh the "good ol'" days :) ), they might support a free cert as part of the hosting plan. I maintain sites hosted with InMotionHosting and FastComet and both companies offer free SSL certs.

Peace...