• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

I may dump DirecTv finally ...

Iguana Man

I may have burned through all my "customer retention" calls into DirecTv as they stopped offering me discounts. And since I really can't justify more than $100/month for TV, I may drop Satellite service altogether and go full bore streaming. Hulu Live TV and You Tube are the top two contenders but I gotta do more research. The sticking point isn't just the amount you pay but they way they structure their plans. It's almost like they know what one, or two channels you kinda insist on having are always dropped when you go one plan lower. The HORROR! :) And between Netflix, Prime and whoever I pick between the above mentioned two, if I can't find something to watch ... I got problems bigger than $100/mo. :)

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
I pay for YouTube Premium and Netflix, and I get the Prime video stuff from Amazon. I probably watch Youtube more than anything, then Prime, then Netflix. But I could probably get buy with just YT, there are so many interesting things to watch there.

The only thing I really miss with cable is the sports. Prime was showing some NFL games last year, but I haven't looked to see if they're doing that again this year. And I used to watch a lot of baseball, but I haven't done that for years. I miss it, but not enough to pay for their premium channels.

EM3

I know how you feel Iggy. I have Suddenlink and I had the bill down to a manageable $110 a month tv, internet and phone and now I have noticed its crept up to $140 with no changes in anything except price. I watched a lot of football and NASCAR in the past but with all the race, political and virus turmoil I just dont watch a lot of tv anymore. Honestly I have been watching some dvd's but using a lot of evenings listening to music. I have Netflix and Prime but honestly I keep Prime for shipping and not the movies or shows. I started to go full streaming but couldnt decide on a service but that was when I watched a lot more sports and I already have Roku streamers.

Iguana Man

Comedy Central is one channel I do watch consistently and sadly Hulu doesn't offer it. You may want to look into FuboTV, Taxi. Pretty sure they are the sports-centric of the streaming world.

Wirehed

NSFW Administrator
Administrator
It really seems like Sports is the main difficulty with dropping cable service.

I pay for Netflix, Hulu, Prime, HBOMAX, Shudder and Britbox. Honestly there's so much stuff to watch I can't possibly keep up. I think I end up using Netflix the least these days, but it's hard to argue against its value, and I'm sure something new and original will drop and I'll be glad I'm subscribing.

There's no way I could justify spending $100 a month for TV service. BUT I totally get needing it for sports. --I mean, I spend way more than that monthly on collecting physical media horror movies, we all have our hobbies. :)

EM3

Well I called and told them to pull the plug on everything but internet and then they quickly did some discounts and got me back down to $90 a month for what tv I had, phone and internet. Now I just have to watch that bill. Sports has always been the stumbling block for me when it comes to streaming.

If anyone ever figures out a cheap hobby let me know.

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Guys, come on... Links to pirate sites are still illegal. I know we don't get much traffic here, but I can tell you that those links can still get me in trouble.

Sorry.