• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My Condolences, Ernie (EM3)

Iguana Man

Ernie, words can't describe the feeling of losing loved ones so I'll simply say I'm sorry for your loss. Tracy was a caring person from what I knew of her and she'll be missed by many.

tomdkat

Wow, was Tracy EM3's wife/spouse/companion? I'm just now learning about this and want to extend my deepest and more sincere condolences to you and your family, EM3.

Peace...

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Man, I’m so sorry to hear of your lose :( Stay strong man and your extended family here, are there for you

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
There are no words. My heart goes out to you, and your family. We will keep you in our prayers. If there is anything we can do for you, do not hesitate to ask.

j

EM3

Thanks folks I came back to work today. Still trying to get a handle on the finances since she handled ours and dads. I suck with numbers. 2 major hits in 15 months is brutal. We were married for 25 years and I first met her in 1980. As you all can imagine there is a big hole in me. It came as a shock to me when it happened duh. She went doing what she loved with her students. She had 2 students win a Young Writers Competition and she was there with them just as proud as she could be of them. If I can find her obit online i may post it because she was more than just a teacher. She touched so many lives I think at the wake there were close to 600 people that signed the book countless students and students of students. I am sure she hated the attention but would have loved the stories being told. At some time we will have a Tiki Bar memorial with some of her closest friends at the house. She loved a good time. I just have to take it one step at a time,

This was in the paper

LOGAN - Laura Tracy Baisden will be remembered for her strong showing of support and commitment to her students.

Baisden, lovingly known as "LT," spent all 28 years of her career teaching English at Logan High School. She passed away suddenly on May 11 at the age of 50 after spending a day doing what she loved most: seeing students honored for their success.

She served as chairperson of the English department at LHS, was previously honored as Logan County Teacher of the Year and was a finalist for West Virginia Teacher of the Year. She was an adjunct professor at Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College. She received the Walmart Teacher of the Year Award and the Book Love Foundation grant from author Penny Kittle.

This year, Baisden helped to establish a charter for the National English Honor Society at LHS to continue to see students honored for their success.

Baisden's sister, Libby Jo Salyers, provided The Logan Banner with letters given to her family by students at the school last week, in which they expressed their gratitude for the teachings of Baisden.

"Thank you so much," wrote Katarina Curry. "A year ago, I was practically terrified to speak in front of my class. I would rarely speak in our class discussions, but then you started calling me out. I hated it, but now I realize that you were opening up my shell. Now, I'm confidently presenting in front of my peers in all of my classes because you gave me the courage to."

Under her direction, many students achieved success in higher education and careers, and attribute their success directly to LT. Many have successful writing careers and writing lifestyles. Accolades include The Scottish Rites Americanism essay winners and Young Writers essay winners.

Raegan Quick, one of the students from LHS honored at the Young Writers recognition ceremony May 11 with Baisden in attendance, expressed what the support meant to her.

"You never once let me down, and I learned so much in just one year," Quick wrote. "You were so proud of me and all my accomplishments, and I couldn't have done it without you there."

Baisden also had an ability to impact students at a personal level, and not just academically.

"Thank you for the life lessons you have taught me these past four years," wrote Paige Fields. "I know I only had you for two of them; however, you always talked to me when you noticed I was feeling down and upset, and I thank you for that."

Baisden belonged to Delta Kappa Gamma, an honorary teacher society, where she served a term as president. She was also a member of the First Christian Church, Disciples of Christ, of Logan, where she served as an elder. She belonged to the Order of Eastern Star, Logan Chapter No. 60.

Because of her long-standing commitment to education, the family has established the Laura Tracy "LT" Baisden scholarship fund at LB&T Bank in Logan

Obituary:

Obituary for Laura Tracy Baisden
Laura Tracy Baisden, 50, was born November 22, 1967 at Park Ridge, Illinois. She departed this life on Friday, May 11, 2018.
Tracy was a member of the First Christian Church, Disciples of Christ, of Logan West Virginia, where she served as an elder. She belonged to the Order of Eastern Star, Logan Chapter #60. Tracy worked her entire career of 28 years at Logan High School. While best known as a Language Arts Teacher and for her love of writing, her teaching credentials proudly reflect her passion for science.
National Writing Project coworker, Paul Epstein described her as, “Teacher Extraordinaire who blended a love for sciences, Literature, and writing, and delivered all her love to her students, her community and Logan High School.” Tracy served as chairperson of the English Department, was Logan County Teacher of the Year, and a finalist of the WV Teacher of the Year. She was an adjunct professor at Southern West Virginia Community and Technical College. She received the Walmart Teacher of the Year Award and the Book Love Foundation grant from author Penny Kittle.
Under her direction, many students achieved success in higher education and careers, and attribute their success directly to LT. Many have successful writing careers and writing lifestyles. Accolades include The Scottish Rites Americanism Essay winners and Young Writers Essays winners.
Tracy belonged to Delta Kappa Gamma, an honorary teacher society, where she served a term as President. This year Tracy established a charter for the National English Honor Society at Logan High School.
Tracy was preceded in death by maternal grandparents, Jake and Elizabeth Herald, paternal grandparents, Henderson and Lucille Baisden, and her mother-in-law, Sarah Martin. She is survived by her husband, Ernest Martin III, parents Joe and Sara Baisden, sister Libby Jo (Chad) Salyers, father-in-law Ernest Martin, Jr., special friends, Jeana McNeely Smith, Missy, Rachael and Sara Fortune, and Haley and Joshua Bumgarner.
In lieu of flowers, the family requests contributions to the Laura Tracy “LT” Baisden scholarship fund at LB&T, Logan, WV.
Visitation will be Monday, May 14, 2018, at The Logan Memorial Field House from 6-9 PM. The funeral service will be conducted Tuesday, May 15, 2018, at the First Christian Church of Logan at noon.

This is the last photo

Last edited: