• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

My Martin Logan Cinema

zepherman

The Scripts are up and running!

Well it took a bit of fine tuning on placement and the need to rerun Audyssey, but I have the Martin Logan Scripts all set up now. :)

zepherman

What kind of seats do you have, and how do you like them?
They're Berkline's with built in ButtKicker's. I tell ya', they have to be the most comfortable HT seats I've ever used (or tried for that matter). They are plush.:)

Seth

Iguana Man

They seem so close to the back of your head - do they send the sound upward against the back wall?

zepherman

They seem so close to the back of your head - do they send the sound upward against the back wall?
While they are a bit close to the back of your head, the sound dispersion is front/back as they are true dipoles.

But still not quite happy with their location (lost some walking space behind the seats), I changed them from directly behind the seats to up a bit, turned upside down, and angled toward the listening area.

Now they sound really really good and I got some walking room back.:)

Seth

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
Do you have any pets? Specifically, cats? I have considered getting some for my house, but am afraid I would come home and find a cat hanging from the speaker. Then I would have to kill my cat...and I love my cat...so...

You see my dilemma...no? I did pick up some Encore TF speakers and have them set up in the living room now...

I'm also considering, and wondering why you didn't go this route for surrounds, the Matinée, Feature, or Motif for my theater room. I think I can keep them up high enough to sound good and not have to worry about coming home to find kitty hanging on the speakers.

j

zepherman

Do you have any pets? Specifically, cats? I have considered getting some for my house, but am afraid I would come home and find a cat hanging from the speaker. Then I would have to kill my cat...and I love my cat...so...

You see my dilemma...no? I did pick up some Encore TF speakers and have them set up in the living room now...

I'm also considering, and wondering why you didn't go this route for surrounds, the Matinée, Feature, or Motif for my theater room. I think I can keep them up high enough to sound good and not have to worry about coming home to find kitty hanging on the speakers.

j
I have two dogs (Whippets), but they are really well behaved and never mess with any of the HT stuff.:) Yeah I can understand the hesitance to get some free standing ML's that use stat panels. There are some fellow ML owners I know that have cats and they did manage to puncture the clear film between the stators.

The idea of using 2 ML center channels as rear surrounds never crossed my mind. I'm sure that would have worked really well. But in keeping with the look of the rest of the free standing ML's, the Scripts are a good choice.

Just curious, what speakers do you use for your mains and center?

Seth

ellisr63

Sweet setup! I remember drooling over the Requests when I had my Sequels IIs! I used to have the Sunfire Theater Grand Pre Processor when I ran them. Excellent equipment to have in a theater.

zepherman

Sweet setup! I remember drooling over the Requests when I had my Sequels IIs! I used to have the Sunfire Theater Grand Pre Processor when I ran them. Excellent equipment to have in a theater.
Sorry for the very late reply. I hadn't checked on this thread in quite a while.

Thanks for the kind words on my setup.;) Very cool that you also used a Sunfire Theater Grand. Which model? TGI, TGII, TGIII? I loved my TGIII! It offered some phenomenal sound, especially with 2 channel music. I only retired it because it was getting outdated for movie use.

zepherman

Figured this would be the best place to post this.:)

Well, after using the Marantz AV8801 for a little over a month now, I am really enjoying it. At first I had a hard time warming up to it, as I was just so used to my Denon AVP. But if it keeps on working as well as it is, more than likely it's going to be staying put.
I took some better pics of it.:)

Also finally got around to taking some pics of my Oppo's.:)

zepherman

Looking through my HT system thread, I don’t see a pic of the way it currently looks. This pic is one I took when I first got the 84” LG (February 2013). Everything is the same but the Marantz AV8801 Pre/Pro is there instead of the Denon AVP-A1HDCI.