• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Blu-ray New Blu-ray: June 23rd, 2020

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
A Ship of Human Skin
Africa Screams (Special Limited Edition of 2,500 Units)
And Then We Danced
Breaking for Whales
Caravans
Corpus Christi
Daddy Issues
Dream Demon
Eureka Seven AO: The Complete Series
Fairy Gone: Season One, Part One
Hans Christian Andersen
House of Wax 3D
Immortality or Bust
Jasper Mall
Karneval: The Complete Series
The Last Supper
The Last Valley
The Mad Fox
Murder by Decree
P.O. Box Tinto Brass
Pennyworth: The Complete First Season
Portrait of a Lady on Fire (Criterion)
Re:stage! Dream Days
Real Girl: Complete Collection
Real Girl: Premium Box Set
The Road to Wellville
Sarazanmai: The Complete Series
Senran Kagura: Ninja Flash!: Complete Series
South Park: The Complete Twenty-Third Season
The Spider
Strike Up the Band
Tokyo Olympiad
The Vampire Conspiracy
Warpath

Wirehed

NSFW Administrator
Administrator
So I was, hmmm what's "A Ship of Human Skin"? and looked it up. This is the description:
"Two women go out into the fringe of rural culture to seek a revelation. They get trapped in a fierce place, and one murders a man with an axe after she has a vision he is an evil thing. While locked away in prison, she levitates."

wat?

I'll probably pick up House of Wax 3D.

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
I saw House of Wax with Dial M for Murder at the local cinema in the late 80s. The theater was one of the few left at the time that used a two projector 3D system with polarized glasses. The 3D effect was very impressive. There is a paddle ball scene in House of Wax that was particularly amazing.

I'd be interested to know you think of it on modern equipment, Wirehed. My projector can do 3D, but I don't have any glasses, because I've never really felt that 3D adds much to the movie watching experience.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
I saw House of Wax with Dial M for Murder at the local cinema in the late 80s. The theater was one of the few left at the time that used a two projector 3D system with polarized glasses. The 3D effect was very impressive. There is a paddle ball scene in House of Wax that was particularly amazing.

I'd be interested to know you think of it on modern equipment, Wirehed. My projector can do 3D, but I don't have any glasses, because I've never really felt that 3D adds much to the movie watching experience.
Some movies aren’t the greatest in 3D but others look amazing. You gotta give Infinity War and Endgame a try in 3D. I would suggest getting the Hi-Shock glasses a go. Also I suggest being a psychoactive weed strain to really set you over the edge o_O (Cinderella 99 or Jack Herrer) Just watched my Terminator 2 import copy and wasn’t bad. It was more of the depth like modern films but you do get the occasional gun barrel pointed in your face. Not bad for a conversion and age of film

Wirehed

NSFW Administrator
Administrator
I bought two glasses for 3D with the projector, but I haven't hooked them up yet. Yeah, I'm looking forward to checking it out!