• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Blu-ray New Blu-ray: May 18th, 2021

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
-= 4K =-
Animal House 4K (Also available as a Steelbook)
Last Action Hero 4K (SteelBook)
Raya and the Last Dragon 4K
Santa Sangre (4K Restoration) (Also available as a 4 disc DigiPack)
The Sting 4K (Also available as a Steelbook)

-= Exclusives =-
Raya and the Last Dragon 4K
-- Best Buy: SteelBook

Above Suspicion
The Alienist: Angel of Darkness
Baxter
Charmed
Charmed: The Complete Third Season
Cosmic Sin
The Daydreamer
Day of the Animals
Dragonheart: 5-Movie Collection
Drunken Master II
Escape from Fort Bravo
Eyes of a Stranger
The Father
Flowers of Shanghai (Criterion)
Grizzly
He Knows You're Alone
Hunted
InuYasha: Set 5
It Happened Tomorrow
Karakuri Circus: Complete Collection
Mackintosh and T.J.
Madame Rosa
Minari
Mission: Impossible (Remastered | 25th Anniversary Edition with Collectable Car Decal)
Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House
Nekopara
The Nest
The Prince's Voyage
The Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex
Raya and the Last Dragon
Sakura Wars: The Animation
Shithouse
Snake Eyes
Son
The Snoopy 4-Movie Collection (A Boy Named Charlie Brown / Snoopy, Come Home / Race for Your Life, Charlie Brown / Bon Voyage, Charlie Brown (and Don't Come Back!!)
Star Trek: Lower Decks - Season 1 (Also available as a Steelbook)
Supernova
Tom & Jerry
Wildcats

Wirehed

NSFW Administrator
Administrator
Santa Sangre 4k, Last Action Hero 4k, Drunken Master II

The Nest? Hmmm. I didn't notice that was coming out again. I probably need it! :)

EM3

I see 2 possibilities Animal House and the Snoopy Collection but I need to slow down buying. I have the 4K version of The Good The Bad and the Ugly coming today (I paid too much) I actually prefer the theatrical cut over the directors cut that I have on blu ray and the 4k is the theatrical cut and preordered Godzilla vs Kong.

EM3

I'd be VERY interested in what you think of the 4K TGTBTU. It's one of my favorite movies.
I watched it last night. It is the theatrical cut. There are the bonus scenes that were added back in on a previous blu ray and honestly I didnt care those. Now this just could be me because I had only ever watched the theatrical cut until I bought that one blu ray. I would say for a 65 inch or 75 or 77 inch tv this movie will probably look as good as it's going to get. The picture looks great and the colors are very good (no HDR). I have had so many copies of this movie it isn't funny including home recoreded off of tv VHS and BETA copies, numerous dvd's and blu rays. The flesh tones look pretty good and there doesn't appear to be any blown out scene like the desert crossing. The detail in the facial hair is just something. Now with that being said depending on your eyes and setup there may be a little black crush in Angel Eyes wardrobe or the scene where Tuco is talking to his brother. But I will say this version looks the best of any I have seen.

Not much can be said about the sound. There are 2 option a 5.1 mix and a 2.0 mix. I tried both last night and just stuck with the 2.0 mix. I may try again without the AV Receiver doing the decoding. I have a YAmaha unit and I have not been the most pleased with it over the years. I am partial to the Onkyo sound paired with the Klipsch speakers. I will say the Morricone music sounds pretty good in 5.1 though.

Like I said their are Special features and here they are

The 4K UHD Blu-ray
  • Audio Commentary featuring Film Historian Tim Lucas
  • Deleted Scenes (UHD 17:58)
  • Extended Scenes (UHD 7:29)
  • Alternate Transitions (UHD 00:58)
The 1080p Blu-ray
  • Audio Commentary featuring Film Historian Tim Lucas
  • Leone’s West: Making of Documentary
  • Il Maestro: Ennio Morricone and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly featurette Part 1
  • Il Maestro: Ennio Morricone and The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly featurette Part 2
  • The Leone Style: On Sergio Leone
  • The Man Who Lost the Civil War
  • Reconstruction of The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly (Extended Cut)
  • Deleted Scenes
  • Vignettes
  • The Optical Flip
  • Trailers from Hell with Ernest Dickerson
  • On the Set Image Gallery
  • Promotional Image Gallery
  • Trailers

I hope this helps you. If your a fan I would say pick it up especially if you have a projector or larger screen.

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks!

Yeah, I have a 10 foot screen. I have all the previous releases including the extended scene on Blu-ray. I didn't think the extended scenes were necessary. I mean, the movie is around 3 hours as it is, so that won't bother me to lose them to get better video/audio.

EM3

Thanks!

Yeah, I have a 10 foot screen. I have all the previous releases including the extended scene on Blu-ray. I didn't think the extended scenes were necessary. I mean, the movie is around 3 hours as it is, so that won't bother me to lose them to get better video/audio.
Pull the trigger and get it