• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

New House and Shop

EM3

Yeah, that shop is looking amazing!

I've been planning to rebuild mine but then all this pandemic stuff happened so it put that on hold, but yours is inspiring for sure.
Actually his shop makes me want to finish builing the last stage of Tiki Bar. Tracy and I planned to do a covered cooking area but honesty I was stumped how to do it since it is right beside the garage.

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
The shop has 2 and a half walls finished. East side and south walks siding is done. They may have the rest done tomorrow if the weather cooperates. If not, it will be done this weekend. Then, its gutters, trim, then probably concrete and finally doors. 20200610_164531.jpg

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
The interior of the house is coming along. The worst of the transit damage is repaired. The marriage lines are sealed in the ceiling 20200610_164638.jpg .

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
Actually his shop makes me want to finish builing the last stage of Tiki Bar. Tracy and I planned to do a covered cooking area but honesty I was stumped how to do it since it is right beside the garage.
You could secure 2x4s to the exterior of the garage wall, with a 2x6 top cap. Then use that to support the roof to the tiki bar. Then build up and out from there.

j

EM3

You could secure 2x4s to the exterior of the garage wall, with a 2x6 top cap. Then use that to support the roof to the tiki bar. Then build up and out from there.

j
Well my statement was a little misleading. The actual Tiki Bar is on the other side of the yard and the cooking area butts up to the side of the garage. I am thinking about building a lean to structue and have the back side slope above the garage roof so the run off will go into the garage gutters. I am thing 6ft deep structure thats about 30ft long the slope would go from 10ft to 8ft. I may use 4 by 4 pressure treated lumber and other pressure treated lumber metal roof.

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
The interior mud work is almost complete. The floor guy starts tomorrow with the linoleum on the marriage lines. After the walls are complete, the floor guy will be back to install the carpet. Power and water should go in next week.

j

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
Picked up the lighting for the shop. 8' Dual LED strip x 24 8200 lumen each for the inside. 4x 4750 lumen Dusk to Dawn LED area lamps and a double LED 1200 lumen security light over the man door. I also picked up 2"conduit for a pathway between the house and shop. we picked up 4 sets of LED under cabinet lights, and a Honeywell wireless doorbell system, and 7 52" ceiling fans with LED lighting. A while back, I picked up two touchpad deadbolts. One for the house, and one for the shop man door. I'm waiting on the GC to find out if my electrical work, and permit will interfere with their final next month.

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
Interior is painted. Floors should be finished next week, along with power and water. Wife said we needed a new washer and dryer. So, I also got this Samsung 82" Q60. Once it's installed, I'll add pictures to the hardware forum.

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
Jim gets it: "She gets something, *I* get something." :lol:
I showed this to Angela, she hit me, LOL!

Picked up the breaker panel for the shop yesterday. I hope I'm home when the meter base is installed. I can ask some advice installing the breaker panel.

Also,got a second button for the wireless doorbell.