• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Other themes?

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Is anybody using any of the other themes besides the default? The default is "blackened", and you can tell which theme you're using by scrolling down to the bottom of any page in the forum, and looking at the lower left corner. It will say "blackened" if you're using the default. It might say "blackened-green" if you're using one of the others.

I want to remove the themes that nobody is using, because that may be contributing to the issue that is causing the double posts.

If I don't hear anything in 3-4 days, I'll assume that everybody is using the default.

Thanks.

Iguana Man

I didn't know a blackend green existed. I like it. I'm using it. I'm also super pissed because a certain team gave up 8 mutha-effing turnovers. Please ignore me.

Iguana Man

HA! I actually used the green for one night. About the same time it took to drink a fifth!

I'm back to the regular blackend, :)

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
I'm okay with leaving the green theme if people like it.

The awesome thing about the blackened themes is that all the changes that I make to the default theme (like larger avatars, etc) are automatically applied to the other blackened themes, which is why I had so many of them. However, until we can get the double post thing locked down, I want to have as few extra themes as possible, since that has been listed as a cause of slowing the forum down. (Not sure why that would be to be honest, but that's what I'm getting from the XF support forum.)

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Stop waking the zombie threads! ;)

Honestly, I would guess that most of the time, you're not even going to be using the functionality of the buttons. You're usually going to type your post, and click "Post" and be done. You can still drag images into the new editor and it will work just fine. And smilies still work the old fashioned way, by typing them in manually ( :) :D ;) :insec: :vader: ) if you can remember the code for them. The smile and wink and grin smilies are all what you would expect them to be, and I rarely click the toolbar to insert them into the post. Not to say that it shouldn't work of course. But if you REALLY like the green, then you should use it.

I'll try to get it fixed by the end of the weekend, after the update.