• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Picked up a new player

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
Samsung UDP M9700 at Best Buy yesterday, Open Box for $299. Stuck in a hotel for now, so I am using to mirror my Galaxy S9+ on my hotel TV. Not bad so far. I can't wait ti get home and connect it to my TV.

j

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
This your first uhd player?

If so, you’re going to love it. . . . especially if that 98” sucker fell off the truck and into your theatre room

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
This your first uhd player?

If so, you’re going to love it. . . . especially if that 98” sucker fell off the truck and into your theatre room
LOL! No, this is my 4th? I gave my first Samsung K8500 ( ? ) to my folks, after I got the M7500 ( ? ) and the two XBox One X's I have. I will probably give the M7500 to my roomie when I get home. As far as displays, I have one 40" UHD display, the Samsung K6290. After we get the house, if I can get one cheaper through work, I'll order the 75" for the family room. I'll use the 75" I have for a shop TV, the 60 will go to the study, and the 40" will be the bedroom TV.

j

EM3

I have a love hate relationship with my player in the living room on the 65 inch tv. I hate it (well me) because I was expecting to see a bigger jump in picture quality but I didn't. Is it better yes but like going from dvd to blu ray nope. The part I love is the usb port it has and the fact that I can hook up a portable drive and get my music to play through the HT.

What was your draw to this one player?