1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pinball

Discussion in 'Games' started by brian, Jul 26, 2013.

1. brian

brian Well-Known Member

Did you play much of Pinball FX2, wirehed? Is FX3 much of a leap?

I bought a bunch of tables for FX2, but for all my love of pinball, I never played any of the tables more than once.

2. Wirehed

Wirehed NSFW Administrator Administrator

Well, it's more of the same but better all around.
    I have 44 hours in FX2, and now I have 54 hours in 3.

A lot of the tables transfer over, and the base game is free.

3. Taxi

Taxi Administrator Administrator

Holy shit Billy Mitchell! Wow. I don't have any respect for the guy if he truly did cheat, but you can't deny that he had skills. His personality makes it easy to discredit him, but there is some small part of me that wants him to not be a cheater as well.

Anyway, I guess what I'm trying to say is that it's cool you got to meet him.

4. Wirehed

Yeah, I'm on the same page regarding Billy Mitchell Taxi.

I don't think his playing at home and submitting a tape was fair, but I'm not sure if he actually thought he was really cheating either. But I guess the real issue is he was playing on ROMs via emulation and not the actual boards. (but I'm not exactly sure, didn't follow the story as well as I could I guess)

Of course none of it matters right now since all those scores have been beaten by other people at this point.

5. brian

brian Well-Known Member

I consider him a heel, we have people like him in competitive pinball. The biggest joke is that they're amazing at what they do, but still feel compelled to cheat to save face or get a record or whatever. He was pretty friendly, and glad we were able to get a photo together. I also got a photo with the ref guy, Walter Day, of Twin Galaxies.

A few years back, Steve Weibe was at Mall of America as a promo event for the film Pixels, where they had a few DK cabs and he attempted to beat his record. He didn't, but it was still entertaining to watch.

Wirehed likes this.
  6. Wirehed

Twin Galaxies caused most of the problems IMO.

EM3 likes this.