• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Pondering a career change

tomdkat

So, I've been at "The Bank" since December 2013. At first, it was a great environment with some really great people. In 2018, the whole thing pretty much fell apart and it's time to move on. Morale doesn't exist and I, Mr work ethic and integrity, pretty much doesn't give a shit anymore.

The thing is, I'm in my "comfort zone" and I'm not good at interviewing. In fact, I totally suck at it. lol So, I know I need to update the resume and go on some interviews to get past that fear/issue. However, I'm not sure what I want to do next. I'm turning 50 this year, so that's working against me. :(

The Mozilla Foundation had a position that seemed awesome, but I never looked into it or applied. I plan on looking at the recommendations LinkedIn has for me, but I haven't gotten off my ass yet and done that.

For those of you who have changed careers, what helped you make the transition and how did it work out?

Peace...

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Well first of all, fuck LinkedIn. I've found their site worthless for finding jobs.

I use Dice.com and Craigslist. The Oregon Unemployment dept also has a website with just Portland area tech jobs, http://portlandtech.org California might have something similar?

tomdkat

Thanks! I'll check out Dice.com too. I've scanned Craigslist, in the past, but not for serious work. I won't get into what I *was* looking for. lol

Peace....