• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Post and reply buttons not showing anything

EM3

Not sure if its my laptop or what but all of the buttons on the area where we reply to posts all of the blocks at the top are blank. If I hover my cursor over them it will tell you what they are (for example on the left side it starts with Remove Formatting but its blank) Any thoughts? BTW I am running Windows 7

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Just so we're clear, we're talking about the buttons highlighted in red here:

EditButtons.jpg

I've loaded the forum in IE, using a non-admin test user, and it's working just fine.

Can you post a screen cap like the one I've posted here please? (You don't have to highlight the buttons in red.)

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
I too have the same issue using Safari on my iPad and on my Mac. Same thing when I switch to Chrome on my iPad

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Also, if you're using the blackened style, can you try with the default style. (You can change this by clicking in the lower left corner where it says "Blackened" and choosing the "Default Style".)

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
I've made a change to the way the buttons display in the Blackened style. (There was some bad info in there. I'm actually surprised this was working for anybody...)

Can you all see the buttons now? (You may have to do a CTRL-F5 to flush your cache which will show the buttons.)

Iguana Man

Ahh. The Blackend Green is faulty like EM3 discovered. Blackend is fine though, for me just like it always has been.

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
I'm a bit surprised, since Blackened Green is supposed to take it's style settings from Blackened. So that is weird, but I did switch over and I see the same thing now.

I'm going to look at the Blackened Green settings and see if I can find out what's wrong.

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Well, I don't see anything that stands out.

I know there were some changes to how the message editor works in the new 1.3 version. I'm going to wait until after I do the upgrade and see what happens with the styles.

Iguana Man

I don't even remember why Blackend Green was introduced. It has such a minuscule amount of green that I don't see why it's even a choice. And that's from a dude who loves that color.

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Enough people asked for it that it survived as the only other official style on the forum. I think there was even a poll!