• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Projector dilemma

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
Ok, I'm closer to my home theater dream. Soon, I will have the space for a build. I have a portion of the material for the build. With that, and a few grand more in material, I may be able to start building this winter.

This brings me to my dilemma. I have two serviceable Sony 1080P Laser Projectors that I can use. Should I sell them, and try to get enough to pick up a 4K projector. I believe I have two screens I can use. And I have the Marantz Pre/Pro for sound. I will be investing in amplifiers over the coming years. I'll probably find used AVRs that have a 5.1/7.1 inputs and use them till I can get the amps bought. Speakers will be slowly replaced as I can afford them. ( I told my mom I wanted my dads subwoofers, NHT Subs and amp, and the house amp if she sells the house ) I still have my Boston Acoustics bookshelf speakers and the Martin Logans I got before I left Magnolia.

I'll build the space to accommodate the end desired result, and replace the gear that doesn't fit in as money allows.

Thoughts?

j

Last edited: