• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

So it begins

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
Starting the planning of the loft for the theater in the shop. Putting together a list for the supplies. I'm starting with a 2X6 wall along all three sides. Left, rear, and right. I fugure a 7-8' ceiling height under the loft would be enough for a garage, right? That will leave me with enough height to have a high ceiling in the theater room. I'm looking at about a grand for 2x6 walls. I just need to find appropriate joists for the floor to span 36 feet. The shop has footings for supports in the middle at a few locations, and I may need to use them.

chlngr1970

"Project Man"
Administrator
Silent Bob said:
Any idea on new theatre equipment you’re looking at upgrading too?
Starting with the AVP 8200 I found, going to be adding 3 Outlaw Audio Model 5000X amps when the time comes. I have the Samsung UDB-M9700 UHD Blu Ray Player, and will probably add an Xbox Series X as soon as I can find one. I'm debating on even putting DirecTV in there. I'm hoping to be able to afford an 8K projector by the time I'm done with construction. Speakers I haven't decided on either. I'm leaning toward in wall for surround and surround back. But, a 24x36 room, 9-10 foot ceiling, risers for rows 2 and 3. Three reclining couches in the back, two reclining love seats and a reclining couch in the center, and three reclining love seats in the front. 154" 2.4:1 fixed screen. I'll look into an anamorphic lens when things come together.