• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

So what are you listening to right now?

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Lately for me its a lot of Porcupine Tree and the lead singer's side project (well 1 of many he has) Blackfield.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
TV on the Radio - Dear Science CD just released today. Good album with my fav tracks so far being Family Tree and Love Dog

Chiprocks1

NIИ (The Downward Spiral - Deluxe Edition) 1994 :star::star::star::star::star:

This is one of the few occasions where I have double dipped on an album. Originally I had the first release of The Downward Spiral back in '94. The album is so perfect and groundbreaking that it was one of my favorites for many many years. Still is. So when the opportunity to pick up the Deluxe Edition came about 10 years after the fact to celebrate it's 10 year anniversary, it was a no brainer.

I know that if they decide to release a 20 year Deluxe Edition, I will gladly pick it up. The bonus tracks, B-Sides and Remixes of the current Deluxe Edition actually adds to the overall enjoyment of the original Downward Spiral IMO.

Fave Songs: Piggy, March Of The Pigs, Closer, Eraser, Reptile and Hurt

I hold this one very high and that is the main reason why Pretty Hate Machine gets a lower rating in my eyes. Is it fair to compare the two? Probably not, as they are both completely different albums in execution and style. But when both come from Trent Reznor, comparisons are inevitable.

This is definitely not INXS music or any other for that matter. Revolutionary and one for the ages.

For those that actually managed to find THIS, my true review of The Downward Spiral, congratulations. :beerchug: For those that didn't...fuck off!!!! But you won't be offended by that because your not here. :D