• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

So what are you listening to right now?

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
I have never minded their stuff, but was never a fan to buy a full album of theirs either. They finally did something that caught my attention and enough to warrant a purchase of a great album which should easily make it in the top 10 of 2012. The Smashing Pumpkins - Oceania

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
MUMFORD AND SONS - Babel (Deluxe Edition)

Yes another album from Mumford and Sons and thankfully they haven't changed their sound that much from their Sigh No More break out album. Most of the stuff has been online for well over 6 months from concert recordings. SOme are even a few years old but with slight tweek to the overall tone and few lyrical changes. The deluxe has 3 additional tracks and one being a great cover of The Boxer. So far though i have to say this track is my fav at the moment (lyrics NSFW)

raptors661

Northdakotian Peckerwood
MUMFORD AND SONS - Babel (Deluxe Edition)

Yes another album from Mumford and Sons and thankfully they haven't changed their sound that much from their Sigh No More break out album. Most of the stuff has been online for well over 6 months from concert recordings. SOme are even a few years old but with slight tweek to the overall tone and few lyrical changes. The deluxe has 3 additional tracks and one being a great cover of The Boxer. So far though i have to say this track is my fav at the moment (lyrics NSFW)

I love the hell out of this album. I love that the first album was packed with slow burning songs, while this album is faster paced with more of a punch. It's the same Mumford and Sons sound, slightly tweaked.

I prefer the original version of "I Will Wait", called "Untitled (Nothing is Written)".

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
I did too, but the newer faster pace tempo is a real adrenaline song for driving to work. Sometimes have to check my speed to make sure I'm not going too far over the limit. I get that way with songs i really like blasting in the car. :cool:

Plus i think i like the Pixar Brave version of track 12. Learn Me Right (Brave) Not With Haste(Babel) It does seem like the lyrics were changed/left off between the 2 but are the same chorus.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Daft Punk - Random Access Memories

The entire album is streaming for free on iTunes right now. I really only liked them from the Tron soundtrack, because I never gave them a shot beforehand. Not what I was expecting and for that I really enjoying the smooth slow disco-ish tone it has going. This might be a purchase for me next week.

Pirate

Administrator
Administrator
Apple and PTA make such wonderful videos together. I've watched this one more times than I care to say since it dropped.