• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Taxi's Home Theater (1.0)

EM3

So that looks like a 20 foot distance from the PJ to the wall or thereabouts. How big of an image do you expect to get and how far will the seating be from the screen. I like the design and I'm jealous :D.

zepherman

That is going to be one sweet HT room!! I can't wait to see some pics of the completed project! WOW! Thanks for sharing.;)

Seth

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
So that looks like a 20 foot distance from the PJ to the wall or thereabouts. How big of an image do you expect to get and how far will the seating be from the screen.
That is the kind of question I hope to have answered by this weekend. I need to get down there with a tape measure and work it all out.

Right now I'm tentatively planning on a screen size of about 130 inches, but it's still early in the design phase, so we'll see.

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
I haven't really thought about it too much, other than planning on having a kind of "shrine to movies" in the stairwell leading down into the theater. (Movie posters, memorabilia, etc.)

Right now I'm focused more on the functionality of the room, getting the acoustics right, how I'm going to do the seating, etc. I don't plan on making this a "theme" theater, or anything fancy like that. Eventually, I might do something like that, but for right now I just want to get it working and sounding good, with a few of the more important basics installed, like a small stage in the front, and a riser for the second row of seats.

I guess the only aesthetic aspect I've put any thought into at this point is the carpet. I'm hoping to get a chance to visit the carpet store tonight after work. I know the basic style that I want for the carpet. Hopefully the local store will have something that comes close.

Wirehed

NSFW Administrator
Administrator
Errr, actually maybe it's only similar to mine. Mine doesn't have that triangle part, and I have more tulipy looking swirls.