• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

To 4k or not?

EM3

Ok I just wanted to do a small update since getting the 4k player. I have bought a few 4k titles and had cataract surgery on both eyes. I should not have been driving I couldn't pass the vision test even with glasses. Poor Tracy did almost all the driving except for when I went to work. Anyway now that I am healing from that all I can say is Sweet Baby Jesus I can really tell a difference. I will admit I have been selective with the titles I have picked up but if these are done right WOW! Also, this over reaction may be from the fact that I can see without glasses or contacts for the first time since I was 3.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Yeah there are some movies that you think “well it looks good” and then you see ones that are “holy shit, this is amazing” Do yourself a favour and get Spider-Man Into The Spiderverse and prepare yourself for HDR goodness. Hopefully it doesn’t damage your brand new eyes with its super bright colours, but if you can see it once that way. . . .

Wirehed

NSFW Administrator
Administrator
That's really awesome, glad you're enjoying it EM3.
I can't wait until I can do the upgrade myself, but I know I'm a few years out.

firestorm

Very cool! I don't know when I'll make the leap. Everything is in the air right now. I imagine I'll be using the 50" plasma for a while.

I'll admit, I'm more jealous about not wearing glasses than I am about 4k. My eyes aren't that bad, but they're getting worse.

EM3

Very cool! I don't know when I'll make the leap. Everything is in the air right now. I imagine I'll be using the 50" plasma for a while.

I'll admit, I'm more jealous about not wearing glasses than I am about 4k. My eyes aren't that bad, but they're getting worse.
I still need readers or off the rack cheaters for anything within an arms length but I am damn close to 20/20. I am still amazed with what I can see. Yesterday I made a small trip of 60 miles each way and honestly even with the idiots on the road it was nice to see the stoplights at a far distance and not rely on other vehicles brake lights.