• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

U2 - Songs of Innocence FREE ALBUM on iTunes

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Don't love them and i don't hate them. Plus free is free right. Apparently this was being downloaded into you itunes library whether you ok'd it or not. They got complaints and are now giving their users a way to delete it form the collection. Can't please anyone these days with free shit

Pirate

Administrator
Administrator
Spam never sounded so good.

I am curious how the charts will handle something like this. Will they count this as a release (surely not) or wait for the record to actually be for sale in October?

raptors661

Northdakotian Peckerwood
Spam never sounded so good.

I am curious how the charts will handle something like this. Will they count this as a release (surely not) or wait for the record to actually be for sale in October?
Nine Inch Nails's The Slip was released for free on his website (and still is). A physical version was released 2 months later and peaked at #13 on Billboard. So free albums still sell decently. I guess it's a little harder to tell with this one because it was delivered to 500,000 people at once, whereas you had to go to nin.com to download The Slip (which I think had 2 million downloads by the time the cd was released).