• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Upcoming Concerts You Will Be Attending

Okay, this morning I to hit a couple of my fave 2nd hand stores in search of whatever CD's caught my attention. Most of these stores have a bulletin board for fliers of up coming shows to hit SD.

And the one that caught my eye was Dokken/Lynch Mob on the same bill. Can anyone confirm this? I've searched online and all I'm seeing is it's just a rumor. But the flier looked legit.

Never...in million years would I have ever thought they would tour together again, even in separate bands, with all the bad blood between Don and George.

If this is indeed legit, I think this is one for me to see. Probably won't happen again. I still think the original Dokken needs to get back together, at least for 1 more record and tour.

Mac

Hey bud, I did a check at Live Nation and they have it scheduled.

Dokken Tickets and Tour Dates
Date Venue Event Tickets
Fri, 11/27/09
08:30 p.m. House of Blues Sunset Strip
West Hollywood, CA Dokken w/Special guests: Lynch Mobb (sharing the stage together for the very first time!)

Sun, 11/29/09
08:00 p.m. House of Blues Anaheim
Anaheim, CA Dokken w/ Very Special Guest Lynch Mob Sharing the Stage Together for the Very First Time!

Thanks, Mac. Looks like I got myself a concert to attend to.:) From the info you posted, it seems they are on a House Of Blues sponsored tour, because the venue they are playing at here is also at the HOB.

KISS (with Buckcherry opening), rolls into San Diego Sports Arena tomorrow. If I can clear the deck and get off work early I will make the 5 minute drive to SDSA and grab the $20 seats. Not so much going to see KISS as I want to catch Buckcherry live.

At $20 it's a steal. I ended up paying close to a $150 for 2 tix for the Reunion Tour back in 1996. :shake:

By themselves, their ticket prices are a joke. Together, I can't even being to comprehend what it's going to be.

This isn't a knock against either one. It's just a fact that these arena tours are overinflated and then some when it comes to ticket prices. I understand that most bands make their lion's share of profits on tour (and hardly anything from record sales). But it doesn't mean I like it.

And don't even get me started on $45 T-Shirts either. :shake:

Mac

and I have far outgrown the huge crowds. I sooo prefer the smaller venue.

I wonder how much the economy plays into this, in regards, why would these giants tour together? Elton John/Billy Joel I would bet do it for their own fun as well as the fans. But gawd, the ticket prices I'm imagining I'm sure will produce a spit-take.

Fleetwood Mac & The Eagles Eying Joint Summer Stadium Tour

By: Howie Edelson

Promoters are pitching a joint Fleetwood Mac/Eagles Sumner tour of stadium and arenas to venue operators and promoters across the U.S., according to livedaily.com. The site reports that "the double bill is being considered for a combination of single nights in baseball and football stadiums and multiple nights in arenas." No dates have been announced, but industry insiders are suggesting that the show will undoubtedly pack stadiums of up to 70,000 at every venue the tour plays. So far there's been no word as to when an announcement will be made.

Throughout their '70s heyday, the groups'kept up a friendly rivalry while vying for the top spot as California's hottest rock band. Fleetwood Mac and the Eagles have only played on the same bill twice -- on July 25th, 1976, in Foxboro, Massachusetts at Schaefer Stadium; and on January 12th, 1998 when both bands performed at New York;'s Waldorf Astoria for their respective inductions into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.

Don Henley and Stevie Nicks were romantically linked back in the late '70s, and scored a 1981 Top Ten hit with their duet "Leather And Lace." The pair went on to tour with each other in 2005. Henley shed some light on his deep friendship with Nicks: "We go back a long way. We don't see very much of each other these days. I mean, she's got her life and I've got mine, and there's certainly nothing going on here on a romantic level. But we're friends. We feel like we've been through a lot of the same things in our careers."

Nicks was asked how, after so many years as a working unit, Fleetwood Mac is able to still deliver at the top of their game with each new road trek: "It stays fresh because we never stop playing. Y'know, basically what we are is entertainers. Even if this band had never made it big, we'd be playing all the clubs, we'd be playing all the clubs in Europe, we'd be still doing that because what we really are is entertainers. So when we go onstage -- we're performers. We're performance artists, that's what we do. So it isn't a question of keeping it fresh because it's what we love. We don't basically have anything else to do."

Fleetwood Mac performs tonight (December 16th) in Boondall, Australia.

The Eagles will play their first-ever shows at L.A.'s Hollywood Bowl on March 16th, 17th, and 20th.​

George Thorogood and the Destroyers roll into town tomorrow at the House Of Blues. I may try and catch this one. Usually for HOB here, you can pretty much do a last minute walk up and still get a good spot.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
My sister got me a very early Birthday gift for me. I'm seeing Porcupine Tree on May 8th in Toronto. Before that though i might be seeing Young Frankenstein with my mom (its her BDay very soon)

raptors661

Northdakotian Peckerwood
Buckcherry was good when the tour came thru here. KISS, although the theatrics are still there, the group itself is just pffftt without the original 4. You aren't missing anything.
You are probably gonna shoot me for this, but I am not a fan of either band. We get one rock concert a year here in Minot, and the past few years have been aging rock groups from the 70's and 80's. (Although I wasnt complaining when Def Leppard and Motley Crue came.) I was hoping for something a little more fresh.