• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Upcoming Concerts You Will Be Attending

brian

How were they, Silentbob? I had a ticket to see them here in Minneapolis, but couldn't make it.

Saw the Mountain Goats last night, always a good time. Joining in to sing "I hope you die, I hope we both die" during "No Children" always brings a smile to my face.

Saw Wilco Friday. They put on a looooong show.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
IMG_0954.JPG IMG_0960.JPG IMG_0949.JPG

I forgot to post it didn’t I.

They were pretty awesome. They are brought to the stage which is setup like a boxing/wrestling rings. Ropes and all with an announcer going through their various awards that they have been up for Grammys, kids choice and a surprising Oscar lose. Plus the crowd was in it from beginning to end with a sold out show. The centre of the stage was always in rotation and they made sure to perform to the audience on all four sides of the stage. The lighting design was funky and cool, with some incredible foundation moving moments of bass action (surprise the hell out of me) Overall a very solid show and would see them again

Last edited:

tomdkat

Man, over the past couple of years, I've attended San Francisco Symphony performances and some Jazz shows, mainly. I did see Kid Rock with Foreigner and Thievery Corporation. Thievery Corporation puts on a great show. Oh yeah, I also saw Celtic Woman live. They're cool too. For New Year's Eve in 2014, I saw Primus at the Fox Theater in Oaktown (Oakland, CA) and Danny Carey of Tool played drums along with Tim "Herb" Alexander. When the new year came in, they played a ripping cover of "Hot for Teacher" by Van Halen. :)

For the fans of classical music, attend a live performance of Ravel's "Bolero" if you haven't already. We've all heard the tune (the melody) but I had never heard the entire piece before. * E * P * I * C * Right up there with the 4th movement of Tchaikovsky's 4th.

As for future shows, I just purchase tickets to see "The Dramatics" at Yoshi's in Oaktown. I'm also planning to attend some S.F. Symphony performances.

Peace...

tomdkat

In July, I'm going to see the San Francisco Symphony perform the score to Star Wars Episode IV *with* the film. Should be a fun night. :)

In September, I'm going to see Journey w/ Def Leppard at AT&T Park in San Francisco. The last time I saw Journey was with Night Ranger and Foreigner. Both Night Ranger and Foreigner over shadowed Journey, so we'll see how Def Leppard does.

Peace...

Wirehed

NSFW Administrator
Administrator
Oh I didn't post in here, but I was lucky enough to see Reverend Beat-man in a small bar in San Francisco a few weeks ago. FANTASTIC show.

The Shivs and Electric Machine Gun Tits opened for him, both bands new to me, but they were a lot of fun.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Forgot to mention that for Xmas my sister got me tickets to see Foo Fighters come July 12th. I tried to get tickets when they went on sale and again Ticket Master kept denying me 3 tickets when the limit was 4. I was going insane trying to get them and after 2-3 hours of trying everything and cursing like a trucker. My family couldn’t take it anymore and told me she had bought them for me.

I took that week off from work and am still debating on seeing Dave Matthews Band 2 nights before then as well. Would be my 2nd time seeing them.

raptors661

Northdakotian Peckerwood
Saw Steve Miller Band and Peter Frampton a few weeks ago. Seeing Metallica and the Beach Boys in a few months. Nine Inch Nails is a big possibility if I'm able to get tickets.

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
OMG Night Ranger. I'm such a huge fan. (Too bad they had to release that awful Sister Christian song that of course was their biggest hit. :/ )

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
Just finished seeing Dave Matthews Band for the 2nd time. Saw him once I think almost 10+ years ago I believe. Good concert, but least fav so far this year. Started strong with some classics like Satellite, Tripping Billies and Funny The Way It Is. Plus some from their latest album which had some good and some not with that classic DMB sound.

Well on a Thursday I’m off to my next concert which I have been fucking waiting forever on. FOO FIGHTERS!!!!

Attachments

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
HOLY SHIT WAS IT LOUD IN THERE!!! My ears are ringing like crazy, I’m getting old man. Will post more tomorrow after some rest and hopefully some hearing recovery

Attachments