• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

What Are You Looking At? (DVD/Blu-ray Edition)

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
DEADPOOL 2 4K :star::star::star::halfstar::nostar:
PQ: 4.75/5
AQ: 5/5

Watched my theatrical cut last night (just due to runtime) and enjoyed it as much as my theatrical showing, and maybe a bit more. Still think some of the pacing felt a bit off and Deadpool needed to stay in costume more than in his civilian clothing. I couldn’t believe all the DC and other Marvel references I missed in my first outing and glad. Caught this time. The audio was awesome, even if the overhead Atmos took a bit to kick in movie wise. The sound was always engaging with tons of panning from left-right and front - back. Video I thought looked good and loved the little detail in the fabric of Deadpool’s outfit, Cable’s mechanical arm, and great shadow details. I just wish the colours had a little more pop to them to add some dimensional detail to some scenes. Still I enjoyed the disc immensely and look forward to seeing the Super Duper F*#king Edition

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
READY PLAYER ONE 3D :star::star::star::star::nostar:
PQ: 5/5
3D: 4.75/5
AQ: 5/5*

This was my 2nd time watching since it came out in theatre and enjoyed it even more this time around. This is pure geekiness that is right up my alley. Different tone but watching my childhood and video games come to life on the big screen. Well, it gave me the same nerdy feelings like when I saw Scott Pilgrim for the first time. (haven’t read the book but my friend says there are even more references and so much better than the movie. Well aren’t they all) Anyways the video is stunning and being mostly CGI will do that. The 3D is one of best releases this year with great depth, separation and some occasional mild/medium pop outs. *The audio on the 3D disc is good and even great with Neural: X is applied to the DTS-HDMA track, but every other disc got the amazing Dolby Atmos track. (WB use to include the Atmos track) So I easily recommend everyone see this movie and try to see it in 3D.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
EVEREST 3/5
3D: 4.25/5
AQ: 4.5/5

It’s a bit slow for a movie but that 3D does add a good amount “ah hell no” with the great amount of added depth to the peril they are always in climbing/descending the mountain. The sound is amazing when the storm kicks in or when an avalanche occurs, but it’s also filled with quieter dialog moments too. It was worth the viewing but just like climbing Everest. I think it’s pretty much a one way trip

zepherman

DEADPOOL 2 4K :star::star::star::halfstar::nostar:
PQ: 4.75/5
AQ: 5/5

Watched my theatrical cut last night (just due to runtime) and enjoyed it as much as my theatrical showing, and maybe a bit more. Still think some of the pacing felt a bit off and Deadpool needed to stay in costume more than in his civilian clothing. I couldn’t believe all the DC and other Marvel references I missed in my first outing and glad. Caught this time. The audio was awesome, even if the overhead Atmos took a bit to kick in movie wise. The sound was always engaging with tons of panning from left-right and front - back. Video I thought looked good and loved the little detail in the fabric of Deadpool’s outfit, Cable’s mechanical arm, and great shadow details. I just wish the colours had a little more pop to them to add some dimensional detail to some scenes. Still I enjoyed the disc immensely and look forward to seeing the Super Duper F*#king Edition
I agree, even though I really enjoyed it, I felt some parts could have been done better. As far as PQ and sound I also thought the color was a bit flat and lifeless, sound was great (don’t yet have Atmos though). Clarity and detail were really good, but DP1 bests it. From what I was reading, DP2 had a 2K intermediate, while DP1 was 4K. But overall definitely worth owning (watched the Super Duper F*#king Edition btw).

Last edited:

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR 3D :star::star::star::star::halfstar:
PQ: 5/5
3D: 5/5

Well, it took over a month to get to me. I finally got my 3D copy from Zavvi in the UK. I have all my marvel films pretty much in the steelbook 3d cases and Disney no longer wants to release them here anymore, 3D that is. Anyways the movie I think was better on this 2nd viewing. I liked in theatres but at the home this just got better, because my projector and amazing 3D transfer just upped the fun factor. It truly is one of most stunning 3D discs I have, even minus wanting maybe a few more pop out moments. Disney is still screwing up their audio but kinda remedied upping the volume about 10dbs higher then what I normally watch at. Can’t wait for the 2nd part and rumours of them doing another version with the opened up IMAX ratio to watch.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
UPGRADE :star::star::star::star::halfstar:
PQ: 4/5
AQ: 4.25/5

A hyped movie I kept reading/hearing about that lived up to that hype. Hard to believe this from the guy who made Saw, but it does show his gruesome roots. The lead does a great job between his quadriplegic act to being more machine than man. I don’t want to say too much more about the movie so you can enjoy the ride. The video is good but not the sharpest looking either, but the sound is good for the intense moments. Go see this movie now

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
THE INCREDIBLES 2 4/5
3D: 4.25/5

I enjoyed this movie much better on my 2nd viewing. Saw it in theatres back in July and liked the movie, but found it lacking. This 2nd viewing I noticed the subtle things I missed before (minus the obvious bad guy) Also thought the 3D was pretty weak too, but thank god for the home theatre experience. Much better colours and great depth throughout. Audio was jacked up on the receiver but when I found the sweet spot is was a great track with *shock face* good bass too. Well worth the import from the UK.

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
CHRISTOPHER ROBIN :star::star::star::star::nostar:
PQ: 4.5/5

Had an aunt staying over the weekend and did pretty much a D’Bears movie weekend. Watched both Paddington 1&2 (already reviewed by me. Get em) So we watched Winnie The Pooh and friends with an adult Christopher Robin, and it was good. It has some of the same charm that the Paddington movies have, but harder to like because CR grew up and became a Hufflelump (scary creatures to Pooh and friends) Gotta say the Oscars were right to put this up in the SFX category, because they look amazing on screen and interact with their environment flawlessly. Disc looks pretty good, but wish it was given a 4K release because the colours and HDR would of greatly enhanced this PQ to another level (again Paddington 2 uk import probably the best looking disc I have seen) The audio is still a slight issue with Disney and this release, but they didn’t neuter it as bad as some past releases. Upped 5-10dbs and it was an overall very active track with the occasional nice sub thump here or there. So I say if you are a fan of that “silly ol’ bear” then you should give this movie a viewing

SilentBob

EH???
Administrator
MARY POPPINS RETURNS 4K :star::star::star::star::halfstar:
PQ: 4.25/5
AQ: 4.25/5

Lot more emotional then I was expecting. Some good touching songs, but nothing will beat the classics. Not the best 4K disc but the hdr/colours really show their stuff with our bath time/animated sequence. (Plus I was vaping some Trainwreck weed beforehand) The Atmos track has a couple of cool overhead moments but overall were used more to envelop the viewers with a more robust musical track instead. Not that it’s a bad time, but wouldn’t of minded a few more environmental elements instead