• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Please see my post in the Feedback Forum RE: downtime overnight tonight.

What Are You Watching (Music On DVD's/Blu-ray's)

Mac

Lindsey Buckingham - Live at the Bass Performance Hall :star::star::star::star::halfstar:
I saw this tour when it passed through town in ’06 and what you see on this DVD is pretty much dead on what I experienced. I think one of the major things you will notice is the emotional attachement he has with his music. This man really gets into the heart and soul of his songs. Nothing more evident with the jaw dropping ‘I’m So Afraid’. The stage is sparse with minimal lighting effects. The sound is precise and even. Watch him play and sing ‘Big Love’ accoustically. Just amazing what this man can do with the guitar. You just might like the fresh arrangement with his classics Holiday Road, Go Insane, and Trouble. Oh, and be sure to check out the percussionist Taku Hirano and his kit. I still say one of the most underatted guitarist of our times. You can get this as a CD/DVD package.

Oh, and for those who have HDNet, they will broadcast this concert this Sunday (April 12th) evening.

Chiprocks1

I have been saying for years, that Lindsey Buckingham is one of these most underrated guitar players ever. He's not your typical "shredder" in the eyes of fanboys. This guy plays stuff that I know would be impossible to play by others that are considered "guitar gods". Love his playing. Hell of a song writer too.

Mac

Big Bad Voodoo Daddy - Live :star::star::star::star::halfstar:
These guys are blast to listen to as well as watch (and dance too). This 9 piece band is so tight. Scotty Morris, the lead singer has such a smooth voice, it so compliments the perfection they have put into the big band and swing sound. If you don't tap your feet, you must be dead. I had only once chance to see these guys. They sold out before I could buy a ticket. :banghead:

Nice intimate stage. The sound flawless. The visuals are excellent. Very nice camera work. They have it all covered. I only get into the big band on occasion, but when I do, this is what I slip in the player.

Mac

The Marshall Tucker Band - Live From the Garden State 1981 :star::star::star::star::nostar:
I could only give this 4 stars due to the some of the sound quality. In a number of places Doug Gray's voice tends to fade. Not so much for his backing away from the mike, but some technical difficulties that rose it's ugly head occasionally. Don't get me wrong. Doug's voice is in fine form and it shines %99.9 in this concert. If your familiar with Marshall Tucker, you'll know they are not visually entertaining. I mean their music is what entertains the crowd. The band just plays it well. I've seen Marshall Tucker many times when they were climbing up to their zenith. And this concert is captures them perfectly. With as many times as I have seen them I never knew Toy played lead with his thumb, but then again I was never this close.

And as for the selection of songs, I couldn't be happier. I love the "Dedicated" Album. There is not one song on here I would have removed. While I have had the live version of "Ramblin" engrained in my brain, yea, I would have liked to see the bass solo here. Still no complaints.

Video wise... Hey, it's 1981. Were probably lucky they caught it on film. So it does have a somewhat dated look. Some of editing has a little to be desired. Some camera movement too, but these are real nitpicky arguements (Nothing like the horrid first Lynyrd Skynrd concert mess). The concert is focus's on the band, as it should and not a lot of audience images.

If your a Tucker fan, you most likely will enjoy the hell out of this concert.

Mac

Sade - Live Concert Home Video :star::star::star::star::star:
I’ve probably put this concert in my player more than any other one. I have loved the smooth, sweet sound of Sade’s voice and music from day one. This concert is just luscious. She is gorgeous to watch and with her moving to the band and music, you can’t help but get caught up in the show. Hell, I’ll put it in the DVD just to hear the music while working around the house. She sings all her hits (from the first 4 albums). The concert is totally about Sade and the band. No audience shots (yea). The camera work is smooth. The audio and the band is ultra tight. Best of all, everyone looks like they are having a great time. Rare to see in a concert. If you even remotely like her music, or even smooth jazz, this is a must.

The Beatles Anthology :star::star::star::star::star:

With the excitement for The Beatles Rock Band building, I decided to pop this in the DVD player. It's been about 3-4 years since I last watched it, so its new to me. It will take a lil while to get thru it. So review coming later when I'm done.

UPDATE:

I had forgotten how much I truly enjoyed this box set. I was bummed that it actually came to an end. I could watch this over and over and never get tired of it. This set is how you do an anthology. From start to finish, everything on it is perfect. You get a ton of never before seen home movies, outtakes, music videos, entire sets and musical numbers that have been whittle down to size over the years (for soundbites). So to finally get them all in one package is sweet. Another thing I really enjoyed about the way it was put together is that you really see the growth of the band from its humble beginnings to the breakup to the reunion with Paul, George, and Ringo.

The Video is pretty good for such old archived footage. Prior to this set I had never seen it look better. And the DTS track...sweeeeeet.

Also, the bonus stuff really adds to the overall enjoyment of the set with Paul, George, Ringo and George Martin getting together and breaking down songs, recording techniques, etc...(ala Classic Albums).

You also get the reunion songs Free As A Bird and Real Love (as well as a ton of others thru-out the set). I really liked seeing the behind the scenes stuff of both of these songs.

Watching this set has really got me pumped up big time for The Beatles: Rock Band. :beerchug:

Mac

Roger Hodgson: Take the Long Way Home - Live in Montreal :star::star::star::star::nostar:

I'm torn about the stars I posted. This is an excellent concert, but it is a one man show. I'm so use to the full orchestration of the songs, I wanted to hear it all. But on the other hand, like Elton John, Hodgson can put on a hell of one man show. He simply commands attention with his keyboard skills and his voice. If you like Supertramp, you might want to check this out. Roger Hodgson has been quietly putting out solo stuff and some have been excellent. In particular Open The Door. Recommend this highly.

Mac

Yes - Songs from Tsongas - 35th Anniversary Concert (2004) :star::star::star::star::star:
This concert has it all. A satisfying retrospective of their catalog. An acoustic set, and just good editing and sound to capture this group top form.

Elvis: Aloha From Hawaii (Delux Edition DVD) :star::star::star::star::nostar:

Say what you will about the gaudy rhinestone jumpsuit, porkchop sideburns, the scarves, all those freakin' rings, and the oncoming obesity just around the corner. But this guy could still sing even with him past his prime.

Some of the songs in this set are just absolutely brilliant, in hearing him sing, while there are a couple of songs that were just meh.

But all in all, this is a very enjoyable concert to watch. Its' been awhile since I last watched this, but won't wait as long to watch it again.

This set comes with the edited concert as it aired, the unedited concert specially put together for the DVD, a bonus "back up concert".

The one thing they could have done without is the "Elvis Arrives" segment that opens the DVD set before the concert. It tops out at a whopping 18 minutes. Think of your family home movies that nobody wants to watch as its repetitive and boring. It would have been much better to whittle it down to a 1 minute spot. No need to film the King getting Lei'd :rimshot:

I'm so use to concerts these days running 2-2 1/2 hrs. So when I watch older acts like Elvis and The Beatles, it throws me for a loop when they can barely hit the 1 hr mark.

Video looks good and the 5.1 Audio track is solid.

Personal favorite performance:

Steamroller Blues :bow:
It's Over

This Is Spinal Tap :star::star::star::star::star:

This one goes to 11. Need I say more? This gets funnier and funnier each time I watch it. It hurts laughing this much. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I cant wait to see the real life Spinal Tap: Anvil The Story Of Anvil.

Anyone pick up Tom Petty Runnin' Down A Dream?

They have both a 2 disc and a 4 Disc set. I'm looking to pick this up and would like to know which one you picked up and what you think of it.

Thanks

Mac

Anyone pick up Tom Petty Runnin' Down A Dream?

They have both a 2 disc and a 4 Disc set. I'm looking to pick this up and would like to know which one you picked up and what you think of it.

Thanks
I can't suggest which one to pick up, but I did see this film on IFC a month or two ago. I loved it and I'm not that big of a fan. Just the way it was done drew me into the story. It was on for at least 2 hours if not more.

I can't suggest which one to pick up, but I did see this film on IFC a month or two ago. I loved it and I'm not that big of a fan. Just the way it was done drew me into the story. It was on for at least 2 hours if not more.
I'm probably going to just go with the 4 disc.

KISS: Kissology - The Ultimate Kiss Collection - Vol. 1 (1974 - 1977) :star::star::star::star::nostar:

Review coming later as it's been awhile since I've watched this.

UPDATE:

Overall, Vol. 1 was enjoyable for what we get. By this, I mean, nothing is full and uncut when it comes to the concerts. Every concert thats been released by the band over the years is always edited. Sometimes drastically and other times a couple of songs.

In the case of Vol. 1 it falls into the later. We get alot of "Full concert" performances which is nice. But personally I would have been much happier to get more TV apperances and behind the scenes home movies. Alot of the stuff thats on Vol. 1 has been floating around for years as bootlegs. So there isn't a whole lot of surprises here.

A run down of whats on Vol.1:

Long Beach Auditorium, Long Beach, CA (February 17, 1974) - "Acrobat"
ABC's In Concert (recorded February 21, 1974, aired March 29) - "Nothing to Lose", "Firehouse", "Black Diamond"
The Mike Douglas Show (recorded April 29, 1974, aired May 21) - Gene Simmons Interview, "Firehouse"

Winterland Ballroom, San Francisco, CA (January 31, 1975) - "Full Concert" :star::star::star::star::nostar:

The Midnight Special (April 1, 1975) - "She", "Black Diamond"
Alive! promotional videos (1975) - "C'mon and Love Me","Rock and Roll All Nite"
Documentary: Cadillac, Michigan (October 1975)

Cobo Arena, Detroit, MI (January 26, 1976) - "Full Concert" :star::star::star::star::star:

So It Goes - Band Interview, "Black Diamond"
The Paul Lynde Halloween Special (recorded October 19–20, 1976, aired October 31) - Band Interview, "King Of The Nightime World"

Budokan Hall, Tokyo, Japan (April 2, 1977) - "Full Concert" :star::star::star::star::star:

Don Kirshner's Rock Concert (May 28, 1977) - "I Want You", "Hard Luck Woman", "Love 'Em And Leave 'Em"

The Summit, Houston, TX (September 2, 1977) - "Full Concert" :star::star::star::halfstar::nostar:

The Cobo Concert on Disc is the best concert in the set. The Budokan concert was the first concert I saw of KISS when it premiered on HBO. Brought back alot of childhood memories.

The Winterland Concert is pretty good in that its the earliest, "complete" concert of KISS. And the quality is much better than what should be, given how old the film is. This "earliest" concert lasted until Vol. 3, where you get the 1973 Conventry Gig, which is in fact the earliest known footage of the band performing in concert.

The Summit Concert should have been so much better. It had a killer set list and the Love Gun stage. It loses points on the fact that after every song, it fades to black. We hear Paul, Gene bantering with the crowd but see nothing. This gets annoying after awhile.

Video and Audio is inconsistent thru-out, due to film age. Some parts look and sound great, while others are meh.

Easter Eggs...

On Disc 1, Main Menu, use up arrow to highlite the KISS logo to play "Deuce" at the Coventry 1973 (the earliest known footage of KISS performing).
On Disc 2, Main Menu, also highlite the KISS logo to play KISS playing at Ace Frehley's wedding 1976 without makeup. The video quality is horrible. Same goes for the audio. But its still a trip to see this.

Bonus Disc: Cobo Arena, Detroit, MI (January 25, 1976) - Best Buy :star::star::star::star::star:

This concert took place the day before the one thats part of the set. I made sure to pick up the Best Buy copy, as it had the Cobo concert. I also made sure to call a couple of friends of mine that I knew would be picking up Vol.1 and to make sure both of them picked up the other Bonus Disc at Walmart and Target, so we could swap the disc and check them out ourselves.

The other two bonus disc are:
Madison Square Garden, New York City (February 18, 1977) - Best Buy
Capitol Centre, Largo, MD (December 20, 1977) - Wal Mart

Now I gotta head on over and pick these up so I can re-watch them and review.:D

KISS: Kissology - The Ultimate Kiss Collection - Vol. 2 (1978-1991) :star::star::star::star::nostar:

Review coming later when I'm done watching this.

UPDATE:

Here's a run down of what's in Vol. 2

Land Of Hype And Glory (excerpt) with Edwin Newman – (January 10, 1978)

KISS In Attack Of The Phantoms (European Theatrical Cut - 1978) :star::star::star::nostar::nostar:

This is drastically different from the US Version of KISS Meets The Phantom Of The Park, in that it has additional never before seen footage as well as "sweetening" the music with songs from the Solo albums. I wasn't really paying all that much attention to the movie until I heard Ace Frehley's "Fractured Mirror". Then I realized that ok, they have tinkered with it, and perhaps made this a more enjoyable experience.

One thing I noticed during the bands initial performance on stage, when they are singing "Shout It Out Loud", is a different version. Immediately I knew that they had swapped out the old version and replaced it with the newer, better version that's on the KISS: The Second Coming DVD. This version of the song is my all time favorite and I don't object to them replacing it. Once again. They want to make it a better movie.

Another scene that they drastically altered was the inclusion of Gene Simmons "Radioactive", where he attacks the security guards. When the song kicks in, I had a giddy smile because the song itself made the scene so much better. The song has always been a favorite of mine, so it was like it finally got a proper "music video" of it.

Another scene greatly improved was the inclusion of Ace Frehley's "New York Groove" during the KISS-fight-the-white-monkey-men-next-to-the-roller-coaster scene. Well, "improved" is a general term here.

With all the new scenes and music added to the European Cut of the film, it's a much better film then the US version. Don't get me wrong. It's still a bad movie with bad acting, bad dialogue, cheesy special FX. But it's so bad that it's now campy. When I first picked up Vol. 2, I just skipped the movie and went onto the good stuff. Now that I have watched this version, I'm gonna have to bust out the US VHS copy to compare versions.

The Tomorrow Show With Tom Snyder (excerpt) – (October 31, 1979)
A drunk Ace going head to head with Tom Snyder is good. :D Tom, Ace, Peter, and Paul were clearly having fun doing this interview, while Gene was on the verge of tears because he was steaming with anger at not being able to control Ace. Loooove it. YouTube it if you want to see for yourself.

Part 1
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0jzve-Tmd70&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0jzve-Tmd70&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Part 2

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UvFNs3_uaUg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UvFNs3_uaUg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Shandi (music video – 1980)

CNN Interview with Peter Criss – (September 24, 1980)

Countdown – (September 21, 1980)
This is where they introduced, my all time favorite drummer into KISS: Eric Carr. Ace may or may not be drunk again. But he is entertaining as hell.

Rockpop (September 13, 1980) "She’s So European", "Talk To Me"

KISS Invades Australia (November 22, 1980)

Unmasked Tour - Sydney Showground - Sydney, Australia – (November 22, 1980) "Full Concert" :star::star::star::star::nostar:
I'm not a fan of the Unmasked or the Dynasty tours at all. But this concert was pretty solid from top to bottom and is pretty close to a full show. Great set list. Any set list that includes both "2,000 Man" and "New York Groove" is a good thing.

Fridays – (January 15, 1982) "The Oath", "A World Without Heroes", "I"
This is really cool to see. About the only Promotion stuff for The Elder. I've seen some other stuff, but the quality is nowhere as good as these performances.

Top Pop – Dutch TV Show - (November 1982) "I Love It Loud"

Creatures Of The Night Tour - Maracana Stadium - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil (July 18, 1983) "Full Concert" :star::star::star::nostar::nostar:
This is far from what you would call a concert. It's poorly edited together, and runs only 7 songs. This pisses me off because I would have liked to have seen a full concert of what is arguably the best KISS record: Creatures Of The Night. The significance of this show was that it was the last one in make-up before they became Glam Metal in the 80's.

MTV Special: KISS Unmasking – (September 18, 1983)
I still remember this day like yesterday. I was channel surfing and came across MTV and JJ Jackson said coming up next: KISS. I didn't know what they were doing on MTV. So of course I stayed and when they came back and announced they were taking the makeup off, I nearly tripped trying to turn the volume up. Weird that I hadn't heard anything about this. No hype. Nothing. First thing I said when they were revealed. "Gene is fucking ugly. Put the make up back on". :D

It would have been nice to get the entire interview along with the new video: "Lick It Up" in this. Oh well.

Lick It Up Tour - Cascais Hall: Lisbon, Portugal – (October 11, 1983) "Creatures Of The Night", "Detroit Rock City"
First show without makeup. They really should have released the entire concert and not just 2 songs.:mad:

Crazy Nights Tour - The Spectrum: Philadelphia, PA – (December 18, 1987) "Full Concert" :star::star::star::nostar::nostar:
5 songs is not a concert. Really doesn't make sense why they would hype this as being a concert. Arggghh. :mad:

Hot In The Shade Tour - The Palace At Auburn Hills - Detroit, MI – (October 14, 1990) "Full Concert" :star::star::star::star::star:
After dealing with the so-called concerts of Lick It Up and Crazy Nights. The Hot In The Shade Concert is more like it. A 21 song set list. It's got pretty much every song from every incarnation of the band up to this point. :beerchug: This show looks and sounds great.

Day In Rock – (November 25, 1991) - MTV News Report
MTV announces the passing of Eric Carr.

"God Gave Rock ‘N’ Roll To You II" - (Music Video - 1991)

As before the Video and Audio is up and down on some of the older footage. But once you get into the late 80's - 90's stuff and the bonus disc, the video and audio sound fantastic. You need to play them LOUD.

Easter Eggs...

On the 3rd disc, watch all the way to the end of the credits to reveal a bonus footage of Eric Carr in hospital. Very sad moment that only Eric could make light of and have you walking away with a smile on your face. R.I.P.

On 3rd disc, highlite KISSOLOGY logo to play a Gene Simmons and Mark St. John interview. Way too short. There's nothing on this guy for whatever reason. Poor guy. R.I.P.

Bonus Disc: Capital Centre, Largo, MD - (July 8, 1979) "Full Concert" (Walmart and Sam's Club) :star::star::halfstar::nostar::nostar:
Horrible video and crappy audio. Lame set list and as always, drastically edited.

The other 2 bonus disc are:
Nippon Budokan- Tokyo, Japan (April 21, 1988) - Amazon
The Ritz New York, NY- (August 13, 1988) - Best Buy

My biggest pet peeve with Vol. 2 is that Gene and Paul are once again trying to re-write history by completely omitting the Lick It Up, Animalize, and Asylum Tours. When I first heard about these volumes coming out, Vol. 2 is the one I was looking forward to the most to complete my concert collection. Denied. Even with this gross disservice, overall Vol. 2 IMO is better than Vol. 1, even though they have the same star rating.

I'm tired of typing.

KISS: Kissology - The Ultimate Kiss Collection - Vol. 3 (1992–2000) :star::star::star::halfstar::nostar:

Review coming after I'm done watching Vol. 3 and soaking my hands in Ice water from typing that last review. :headslap:

UPDATE:

Here's a run down of what's in Vol. 3

Revenge Tour - The Palace of Auburn Hills: Detroit, MI - (November 27, 1992) "Full Concert" :star::star::star::star::nostar:
Solid concert. Video and Audio is sweet. My only complaint is that the vocals seem to be buried somewhat in the mix. Other than that, this would have gotten a perfect 5 star rating.

MTV Unplugged Behind The Scenes - (1995)
MTV Unplugged Concert - (August 9, 1995) Full Concert :star::star::star::star::star:
This one was great when it originally aired on MTV. But the one on the disc is waaaaaay better. It's the unedited version of the concert, containing 5 unreleased songs. The video and audio is amazing, and in your face.

Reunion Tour - Tiger Stadium: Detroit, MI (June 28, 1996) "Full Concert" :star::star::nostar::nostar::nostar:
What a shame. This too suffers from the "Fade To Black" syndrome, where they cut out any video feed between songs, leaving only the audio. So this concert is really only good for an audio experience if ya just want to hear the songs. Audio really isn't all that for this show. Also, it uses stupid video FX thru-out. I wanted this concert to be perfect as it was the first "official" show of the reunion.

1996 MTV Video Music Awards - Brooklyn Bridge, NY (September 4, 1996) - "Mini Concert" :star::star::star::star::star:
"Rock and Roll All Nite", "New York Groove", "Deuce", "Calling Dr. Love", "Love Gun"
This is as flawless a recorded concert can get. Everything from video production to audio was perfect. And all the credit has to go to MTV and its crew for putting it together. This is what I like to see in a concert film. Too bad it's only 5 songs long.

Psycho Circus Tour - Dodger Stadium: Los Angeles, CA (October 31, 1998) "Full Concert" :star::star::star::star::star:
A 22 song set. Looks and sounds good.

Detroit Rock City Movie Premiere Party - Los Angeles,CA (August 8, 1999) "Mini Concert" :star::star::star::star::nostar:

The Last KISS - Pay-Per-View Event - Continental Arena, NJ (June 27, 2000) "Full Concert"
Couldn't review because the disc is skipping and yet there isnt a scratch to be found. :mad::mad:

Coventry Gig - Queens, NY (December 23, 1973) "Full Concert" :star::star::star::star::star:
It's funny how this particular footage is better than alot of the more expensive film productions of KISS' stuff in the 80-90's. Really simple setup. A stationary camera on a tri-pod, filming in a wide shot of the band. I'm glad they put this on last on this set. You get a real appreciation of how solid they were as a band way back then. It sounds exactly as if they played it live last week. Also, gotta give it up for the 2 chicks in the front row making out and dancing. At times its a little distracting. :evilgrin: I wonder if they were girlfriends of the band? Or Band-Aids.

The audio and video is of course something to be taken with a grain of salt. It is afterall: 1973.

Easter Eggs...

Highlite Kissology Logo on Main Menu to play...
Disc 1 Carnival Of Souls Studio Sessions Video Montage
Disc 2 MTV Video Music Awards soundcheck footage
Disc 3 KISS plays "2,000 Man" (Live at midnight/Millennium concert)
Disc 3 Play all the way thru the end credits to reveal Peter Criss Destroying Drum Kit

Bonus Disc (General Release) KROQ Weenie Roast - Irvine Meadows, CA (June 15, 1996) "Full Concert" :star::star::nostar::nostar::nostar:
This was the first public show since getting back together. They did this as a warm-up gig to work out the kinks. And it's a good thing they did. This show was mired in fuck ups and glitches all over the place. And not to mention some pretty sloppy playing in parts of the show. This concert also suffers once again from that dreaded "Fade To Black" shit between songs.

The Video is great, but the audio leaves alot to be desired. The bass (Gene) was way to high in the mix. So much so that at times it would cancel itself out. I found myself constantly messing with the equalizer to fix this, to no avail.

I bought this particular pressing of Vol. 3 so that I could get this "historic" first show. In hindsight, I would have gone with either of the 2 other Bonus disc.

The other 2 Bonus disc are:
Revenge/Alive III Tour - Sao Paulo, Brazil (August 27, 1994) - Best Buy
Reunion Tour - Madison Square Garden: New York City, NY July 27, 1996 - Wal Mart

All in all, Vol. 3 is just an OK collection. It seems they just ran out of behind the scene stuff and just decided to pack as many "Full Concerts" to fill as many disc as possible.

If KISS decides to do a Vol 4 covering 2001-2010, I will pass, as that particular era spits in the face of any KISS fan. I respect Eric Singer and Tommy Thayer as musicians (they are both damn good at what they do). My biggest bone of contention is the lack of respect to both of them as well as Ace and Peter and of course the fans. To me it just seems like what is being said is that Eric and Tommy are not worthy enough to have their own characters. And that Ace and Peter are easily replaced, that all the fans care about are the "characters" they created. Has nothing to do with their performance but the whole replacing members that rubs me the wrong way. If they were touring without the makeup as is, then I would easily pick up a Vol 4.

KISS: Animalize (Live Uncensored) :star::star::star::star::halfstar:

Cheesy 80's all the way. Luv the wig, Gene, and that headband to keep it in place.

I originally saw this when it premiered on MTV, taping it of course. And then when they finally released it on VHS, snapped that one up too, since my recorded copy had become degraded over time and use.

And then about 2 years ago, I picked up the DVD copy for 8 bucks in the bargin bin. I left the store very happy, knowing full well that the copy I had in my hands was OOP and extremely rare. :D:beerchug: Some people had been selling it anywhere from $75- $125.

I doubt the guy knew what it was worth at the time, or maybe he didn't think anyone would buy it. That's why I'm always hitting 2nd hand stores to find OOP stuff.

The concert itself is pretty good. Very solid performance, even if it is cheesy with their costumes. This was also my first introduction of Bruce Kulick, who is very underrated as a guitar player (hell, he was in the band longer than Ace). This Concert more than makes up for not being included in Kissology Vol. 2. Since Bruce was the new kid, the Solo spotlight in the show and tour went to Paul, which I've never seen him do since then.

I would have liked to get a complete Animalize Concert with Mark St. John in Vol. 2. Oh well.

This concert also has my favorite performance of "Black Diamond", with the added coda at the end of the song, when Paul, Gene, and Bruce are descending from the rafters.

Chiprocks1

The Work Of Director Spike Jonze :star::star::star::star::star:
A Collection of Music Videos, Short Films, Documentaries, and Rarities

A compilation of music videos by none other than Spike Jonze. This set is a "how-to-make" music videos primer. This guy never repeats himself. So diverse and original. And Hollywood is lucky to have him making feature films today. Brilliant.

This compilation also comes with documentaries that have to be watched: "What's Up Fat Lip", and
"Torrance Rises" (The making of Praise You) :star::star::star::star::star:

Every single music video is original and kicks ass. :beerchug:

Personal Favorites:

Wax - California

Pharcyde - Drop
Daft Punk - Da Funk
Fatboy Slim - Praise You (You cannot come away from watching this without a big smile on your face) :D
Fatboy Slim - Weapon Of Choice (Christopher Walken :bow:)
Weezer - Buddy Holly
Bjork - It's Oh So Quiet

Watching The Notorious B.I.G. - Sky's The Limit is like watching Bugsy Malone. :beerchug: