• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Xenforo 1.3 will be released soon

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
They're just finishing up on the latest Xenforo release.

There really aren't too many new features that you as an end user will see, but there are some improvements with respect to the spam reporting features in the admin control panel, as well as the usual unnamed "bug fixes" and such, so I probably will go ahead and update the software once it's out of Beta, which I expect will be sometime before the end of the month, and probably in the next couple weeks.

I'll try to do the update late at night as usual, so there will be little to no impact to most of you.

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Actually, there will be some new things in 1.3 that I think you will like.

First, spoiler tags will be built into the base code, rather than having to be done in an add-on. This means that there will be a spoiler option directly in the editor again, you won't have to type the spoiler tags.

Also, Xenforo will have multi-quote in version 1.3, and it's a very robust form of multi-quote, which is no surprise since it's Xenforo. ;)

More info here, including a video of these new features.

Pirate

Administrator
Administrator
I think we need bigger avatars, too. I'd like mine to take up roughly half of the screen please.

Iguana Man

Yes. Move closer to the screen, Pirate. That's it, get your face right up next to it. Now open your mouth!

:mad:

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
The forum has been updated. I think I've fixed blackened-green, so if you want to go back to using that, it should work now.

I've also replaced the old, hard-to-see shrug icon with the new orange-armed one, throughout the entire forum, new posts and old.

If you see anything that looks wrong/weird, let me know.

Iggy, I know you'll be happy to know that the spoiler button is in the new editor. The way they've implemented it is you type out the stuff that you want to be between the spoiler tags, then highlight it and click "insert" then "spoiler". It will ask you if you want to add a title to the spoiler (improved spoilers!) but you can leave that blank. If you don't leave it blank, the button that enables the spoiler will have that text on it, like this:

Bitch!

Taxi

Administrator
Administrator
Also, it would probably be a good idea if you all watched the video in the first post of this thread on the official Xenforo forum. Kier (one of the main developers/owners of Xenforo) explains some of the most visible new features of 1.3.